Sunday, August 31, 2008

Prayer has changed my life




Mom and Dad-
Elder John is amazing. He says he loves yall. He says you did an amazing job raising me. Anyways, how are you guys? The pictures are in the mail as of today. This week has been really good. I went on a 2 day trade-off this week. It was really fun. I love the district im in right now. That’s crazy that you guys went to the lake for the whole week, but no education week? What’s up with that? Ya I felt really bad about last week and how I ran out of time. And I am really sorry about the pictures! Im horrible with taking pictures. I labled them all last night and they are being sent today.
The storm was pretty lame in our area. Church was cancelled yesterday because we were supposed to get 12 inches of rain, but the storm missed us. There were some areas right around us that got over 30 inches of rain in 2 days! That’s more than seattle gets in a whole year. Crazy stuff. They say that because we have had so many storms in the passed couple months, we will most likely have a hurricane before the season ends. There were a lot of tornadoes that went through mobile and Tallahassee. Im mad we didn’t get any
Time is flying by out here. This transfer has been so awesome. Ive kind of figured out how to work hard and get work done but not stress myself out too much. Ive connected with a lot of the members in this area. They are a great support. We have so many people we are teaching and 2 of them have committed to baptism. I love this area. Im pretty sure I will be here for 2 more transfers. I hope ill be training next transfer. That would be so much fun.
Did I ever tell you we are moving into a new apartment? We are moving in today! Im really excited to get out of the 10 by 10 ft room that we have been living in. Itll be nice having a place to ourselves again. Can you believe that this summer is already almost over? School is in session for most of the kids out here. That is so weird. I’m almost at my 5 month mark. So crazy.
Sorry I didn’t really go into to much detail about how this week went. It was kind of hectic because of that trade off that I was on. Elder Keesler has been sick all week too so we havnt gotten too much work done. But its been good because I have had tons of time to study. We only got like 3 new investigators this week. Well do better next week though.
Could you put just a little more money in my account? I had to go by a pair of prosyliting church pants from pac sun because im getting to fat for my pants haha. Im trying to stop but I don’t know how. My stomach is getting bigger and bigger. The pants I have still fit, they are just getting pretty tight on me. Im all out of money on my mission card, but we get money put back in that at the end of this week so I just need like $20 to get me by for food.
I miss you guys so much. Don’t get me wrong, I love my life right now, I just miss my family. Im glad everything is still going good at dads office. How is the your business going mom? Anyways, I love you guys, I hope all is well. I think about you all the time. I hope averyone is saying your prayers everynight and morning!! Seriously, if you guys aren’t, start doing it! Prayer has changed my life. I love it so much. Its crazy how much prayer really works. I love my heavently father. He has worked so many miracles through us in this area. The gospel Is the greatest. I love you Mom! I love you dad! I love you Family! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Burnham

No comments: