Friday, September 12, 2008

"But for a small moment"


Mom and Dad-
So yeah the storm was actually pretty sweet over here. It was mainly tropical storm conditions which is still unlike any rain ive ever seen. The storm has already passed but there is still some thunder and lighting going on outside. Did you here about the other tropical storms out in the Atlantic right now? Hanna, Ike, and Josephine. They say its really crazy to be having so many storms back to back like this. So maybe we will have better luck in a couple weeks with another hurricane haha. But anyways, of course mom, I am safe and yes my seatbelt stays on. It was on in that video! I promise!
So guess what? Im getting transferred again tomorrow! I’m moving to Crestview Florida. Its in the Fort Walton Zone. Im going to be with Elder Hill. I hear he’s a really good guy. Its kind of bitter sweet because I love Fox Run. I really don’t want to leave the people here. So I don’t know what to think yet of these transfers. The one really good thing is that im going to be in Elder Lewis’s Zone. That’s the one I was in the MTC the first time with who I loved. He’s so awesome. I really excited to serve around him.
So I’m glad you liked the pictures. Whats the name of the blog sight? Ill see if I could get permission to check it out Im taking tons of pictures with the other chip because I feel bad about how long it took to get pictures out to you guys. I just took some awesome pics yesterday of a banana spider next to our apartment. No joke, this thing was as big as my hand. And im not exaggerating! It was pretty cool.
So this week was still a pretty slow week just like last week. Elder Keesler was still pretty sick so we didn’t have a chance to do much. We found a few new investigators and taught a few different people but that’s about it. Plus we couldn’t do anything all day yesterday because of the storm. Oh crap! I just realized I forgot to tell you we didn’t have P-day yesterday. Our p-day is today because of Labor day. Sorry, I’m sure you weren’t expecting an email anyways because of the storm so I think im good.
Definitely take some pictures with chad and take some next time you go to the lake. And could you maybe print off some of the better pictures I sent you guys? I would like to have some of those pics. Next time ill get some developed off my chip before I send them to you.
I just listened to a really great talk this morning by Maxwell for my personal study. I forget what its called! Dang it! I was going to tell you the name so you could look it up. Ill write it down when I get back and tell you next week. Its sooo good. Oh I remember!! Yes!! It’s called, “But for a Small Moment” Its one of the best talks that I have heard up here so far. If you haven’t read it, you guys should read it this week. It changed my mission when I first read it in Navarre when I was serving with Elder Honzic. If you have any good talks for me to read, let me know.
Oh yeah before I forget, Dad- can you burn me a couple CDs off the computer? If they are still on there. They might have been on the old computer. Can you burn me Alexi Murdoch and also that really good “slap guitarist” that we really liked. The one that had that video? I think the song was called drifting. Thers no lyrics. That kind of stuff is approved out here for P-days so if you could do that that would be really cool.
Anyways, I have to go email president now. Im glad to here everything is going good back home. I love you guys so so much. I hope you know how happy I am out here. I havnt had a baptism yet but that’s OK! Some of the conversions ive seen have been better than seeing a baptism anyways. I love you guys. Tell the family I love them too. Bye
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: