Monday, August 11, 2008

really productive week...

Things are going really good out here. We just got done playing dodgeball at the church with most of the zone. It was way fun. Were ending our p-day early today and going back to work until about 6pm. Then at 6 were having a zone bon fire. Its going to be really fun. My trainer (Elder Hunzic) leaves on the 19th so hes gonna be there. He called me last night and hes starting to get really sad that hes leaving.
This week has been a really productive week. Its also been one of the more difficult ones because of how hot its been. We found 6 new investigators, all of which are very solid. One of them has completely agreed with everything we have taught him and says that he and his wife want to get baptized. We have about 20 people in our teaching pool right now but after this week im sure that number will drop a little bit. Teaching is becoming easier and easier, but there is definitely room for improvement.
I got the cloths you sent me Im so mad about those jeans though. They used to fit me pretty loose, and now I can hardly fit my legs into them. And there is no way I can button them. So that was kind of annoying haha. But everything else worked out so thank you.
Im really sorry I havnt sent pictures yet. I promise im going to soon. Im going to take a bunch tonight at the bon fire and then Ill send them off. Ive love the picture you guys have been sending me.
My comp. is great. Hes an extremely hard worker and doesn't ever let anything slow him down. Are personalities are very different though so im working on that. Sometimes he gets a little to stressed out and way to serious so Im trying to get him to calm down a bit. But other than that, I love the kid.
Jeez it seems like every email I get, you guys are heading back to the lake or just getting home from the lake. Im Jealous! Actually, im not that jealous. I just miss spending time with the family out there. And I miss being with the dogs out on the beach. How is Sadie doing? Is she still healthy? She better still be alive when I get home or I will be extremely sad. I love that Dog.
So yeah this transfer is flying by. Its already half way through. Im pretty sure ill be out here one more transfer because elder Keesler is going home after the next one and I don't think they would send him or me somewhere else befor he leaves. Then I will probably stay one more after that cuz im sure they wont white wash this area. So maybe they will have me train? Thad be way cool.
We got bible bashed again the other day by three Bible Baptists. They're the ones that stand out on the street corners with their bibles and yell at people. They make their wives and little kids stand out there with them too. Its really sad. We were just knocking on some doors and when we knocked on this one, two friendly guys answered the door and let us come in. We were stoked at first because of how nice they were. Then we walked in and saw that they had two huge bibles and a pass along book of mormon sitting on the table and right then I knew we were in trouble. They started by saying they had a few questions about the book of mormon and that they were interested in finding out if it was true. The main thing that they drilled us with was The fact that we say that God was once a man. And they pointed out scriptures in the Book of Mormon that say that God is infinite and eternal. It was pretty annoying. We just had to keep bearing our testimonies to them because they knew how to set us up using the bible. Very frustrating, but it was a good learning experience. If you have a good answer to their concern, please feel free to write back about that one.
Well, I have to go write president an email. Is everything going good at home? I hope so. I love you guys. That's crazy that Sean is back already. I miss those guys. Tell them I love them. I havnt written Ray yet. Ill probably do that today. Anyways, I love you Mom! I love you Dad! I hope everything is going great with the office Bye guys!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: