Monday, June 2, 2008

The Lord has strengthened me...

Hey guys! How are you?? This week has been a good one. On Monday(memorial day) we went to a couple of different bbqs so we were fed plenty of food. Oh wait I probably already told you that last week because our p-day was on Tuesday. Oh well. On Wednesday we went to an old people home and got free lunch from them. Usually every Wednesday we go over there in the afternoon and help fold newspapers for service. That's one of my favorite things to do in the week cuz all the old people are so full of energy and they love playing 50's music while we work. Old people are cool. And then every Wednesday night we teach Bobby. Hes progressing but very slowly. Its getting kind of annoying because we know hes ready. Thursday was Mission Tour which is where we go up to pensicola and get trained. Usually they have a general authority there but this time it was some guy who helped put together preach my gospel. There were 3 different zones there so it was way fun seeing all the different missionaries. And I finally saw elder Lewis! That's the one I told you about from the MTC the first time I was there. Hes way cool. I took some pictures and ill make sure and label them somehow. Friday was probably the hardest day we had this week. We usually rode our bikes to the zoo for service. That's about a 20 mile round trip. Then we rode about another 10 miles to some members house to do yard work. We laboured for about 6 hours in 100 degree heat and extremely high humidity. It felt good though Saturday and Sunday we spent most the day in pensicola for stake conference. President summerhays spoke at the Saturday session. He is so amazing. I swear he could be one of the 12 one day. So that pretty much sums up the week. We did go tracting a few times but I wont go into detail about that haha. Lets just say it isn't too effective in this area. Transfers are next week and im pretty sure one of us is getting transferred. Im getting pretty excited lol. Im having a great time here though. Me and elder honzic get along I guess. We have our good and bad moments. Hes funny. I just started writing in my journal this week. I don't know why I didn't start in the MTC. I know im going to regret that later on. And im really sorry I still havnt sent any pictures. Im working on it I promise. I have some good ones but I wanna send you a bunch so ill make sure and take a lot this week. I feel really bad because I havnt written anybody in the family. Keegan sent me a really cool tie and and everyone else has sent me letters and candy and stuff. Im just really busy and we don't get that much time to write on these computers. Im gonna write everyone soon. Tell them I said thank you for everything and ill write this week or next week at the very latest. I love our family. Seriously we have the best family. You don't even know what a chaotic family is until you come out here. Some of the families in our ward are so torn up. Its really sad. We are so blessed to have what we have. I am so grateful to have grown up in our home and raised the way I was. Thank you so much The work is still moving slow so keep my area in your prayers. The Lord has strengthened me so much in the past week. Every one of my prayers has had an answer and ive received so much comfort and joy I don't know what to do with it. Its hard because I still have some difficulties with my teaching skills and I wish I could just speak what I feel. But I know these things don't just happen over night. The Lord helping me what step at a time. That's awesome that you guys have been spending time at the lake. I miss it up there. How is that class going by the way?There are a few things I could use… Can you send me a couple different Tabernacle choir CDs? And also could you send me a pair of black express pants. I think there is still a pair in my room or in those bags in the garage so you don't need to buy any. And I think that's it. Oh and an ipod charger that plugs into a wall outlet. Thank You K Im gonna go. Thank you so much for your emails. I love reading about whats going on at home. Mom- Im glad to here your business is still going good. I love you soooo much. Thank you for being the best mom ever. Dad- that's awesome the practice is going strong. Thank you for supporting the fam I love both of you with all my heart. Tell the family I love them! Talk to ya next week

No comments: