Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've gained about 20 pounds...


This week was another awesome week. I didn't get any emails today though haha im kidding. Just make sure you send 2 before next week to make up for it lol. So what have you been up to this week? Did you go to the lake at all? I wanna here DETAILS! Like I said, this week was awesome. The heat is really starting to pick up but its bearable. Elder Taylor and I did a lot of tracting over the last few days to try and get some new people in our teaching pool and we found 6 new investigators to teach so that was really cool. We have a few different teaching appointments daily. It feels really good to be getting out everyday and getting actual results. Its definitely not us though. The Lord has given us these people to teach and I am so grateful to be a part of his work. Elder Taylor is so awesome. We get along so well. He is hilarious and extremely in tune with the spirit at the same time. I love him. But he is most likely getting transferred next transfer because he has been here for 9 months. So yaim kinda nervous because all the people out here love him and after he leaves im taking over the area, its alright though. What ever happens will be a learning experience. Do you wanna see the craziest spider ever? Go on Google and look up banana spiders. That's what im dealing with out here! No joke they are as big as your hand. Ive only seen one so far. It was right in front of someones door while we were tracting and I almost ran into its web. But E. Taylor said in the more rural areas he served in, it was guaranteed you saw at least one a day. So insane! Ill snd you a picture the next time I see one. We just had a pretty good thunderstorm yesterday. There has been probably about 4 thunderstorms since ive been here and its only been about 2 weeks. I guess that's pretty normal out here in the summertime though. I love it! We were gonna go tracting in it yesterday but it was literally a monsoon. 5 seconds in it with an umbrella and a reain coat and your still soaked. Its awesome. So I here Ray is a district leader now? That's way cool. Hes been out about 8 months now right? And didn't Brett just hit his year mark not to long ago? That blows my mind. Time really does fly by. The days are slow but the weeks are fast, if that makes any sence. Next Wednesday will be my 3 month mark! It really has gone by so fast. So the house that we live in is great. I think I told you, the members name is Brother Allen. He has a 52 inch flat screen TV so that's pretty cool. We sometimes watch old general conferences or preach my gospel on DVD. Then, as I went exploring in his closet I found an old guitar witch I tuned up so we can play on P-days. I still have that little guitar hymn book so that'll be fun. As far as dinners go, We usually have dinner appointments. But if we don't have one all day, I usually will eat one peanut butter and banana sandwich for beakfast, two peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and two for dinner. With spaghettios and raviolis thrown in as snacks throughout the day. I actually eat tomatoes and onions and all that good stuff now. I just stepped on the scale a couple days ago and I weighed 154 lbs. so i've gained about 20 pounds since I left home. Im shotting for 165 by the end of the transfer. Ive been using that perfect pushup every morning. We exercise every morning from 630 to 700. Like I said, we were pretty exhausted this week so today before we came here to write emails we took a 3 hour nap! It felt so good you have no idea. Our room is a mess so after this were gonna go clean it out really well and then do some shopping for food. By the way, I fixed my watch so I didn't by a new one. But I could still use some of those pants if they are on sale… Ummmm, I'm trying to think of anything else we did this week that is worth writing about. Pretty much we just tracted all week whenever we didn't have an appointment to go to. This area is exploding right now with new people to teach almost everyday. The members are awesome. I havnt met them all yet but the ones I have met have been really nice. They feed us really well here in the south. Im having to fight really hard from saying "ya'll." Like I said in the last letter, This area is beautiful. I love it here and I wouldn't give this experience up for the world. I love the people I have met and the experiences I have had. I hope you got the pictues I sent. I sent them out on Wednesday so you should get them within the next couple days if you havnt gotten them already. Well, I love you guys. Im gonna go write President Summerhays. Have an awesome week and say hi to everyone for me. And make sure you write me next week!! Haha just kidding. I love you. Mom- Hope the little business is goin strong. I love you with all my heart. Dad- Hope the practice is doing awesome. I love you with all my heart also. Bye guys
Love, Elder Joshua Burnham


No comments: