Monday, June 16, 2008

I love my Savior!

All I have to say is WOW! I love my new area. This is what I thought of when I thought of Florida. Giant willows everywhere, plantation homes, moss and vines hangin off all the trees. Its beautiful here. There are way more mosquitoes though so that's a bummer. Its nothing like the other area was in. Navarre was more residential in most areas. Here in fox run theres is a lot more space. I wouldn't say ist a rural area though because some of these plantation homes are giant. My companion is so great. Everybody loves him. He has a heart of gold. Hes a stellar missionary and he has so much love for the work. I guess about 8 or 9 months ago, this area was one of the worst areas in the mission as far as finding people to teach. But ever since My comp. got here about 8 months ago, its been exploding with new investigators and baptisms. In Navarre we only had about 3 investigators and there hadn't been a baptism in months. Right now in Fox Run we have about 16 investigators we are teaching, 4 of which we just found yesterday while trackting. We have about 3 baptismal dates set up as well. We are teaching about 3 investigators a day. I love it here. I love my companion. Me and him get along so well. I just cant even explain how excited I am to be here. I think that first area was just a big test for me or something. I dunno, I just know the Lord put me their for a reason. That was probably the hardest month and a half of my life. But the He has blessed me now with an awesome area and an awesome companion. My district is a lot bigger than my last one. We have 9 elders in our district where as last one we had 4. So thatll be fun on Pdays and stuff. Sorry about the money ive spent on the home card, we only have 130 dollars a month on the mission card and on the last couple days in Navarre I bought a lot of Dip and Dots and Mcdonalds. I take it easier this transfer I promise. The storms here in Fox Run I guess are a lot more intense and frequent than in Navarre. They say this area gets the most rain in the U.S. or something like that? I dunno. Google it for the facts I guess. I promise im sending pictures home tonight. Sorry ive been so bad with that. There wasn't that much to take pictures of in Navarre but theres tons of cool stuff here so ill fill the card up today. Theres a mail box I saw that says 8769 ½. That was pretty cool. Wow now that I think about it that's pretty lame. Whatever. We went trackting yesterday and out of nowhere a thunderstorm came in. so we were knocking on doors in the rain. It was way fun. Eventually someone let us in cuz we were getting pretty wet. We had a good discussion with them. I don't know what else to say other than I am so happy here. I love it. The work is the most rewarding work you can possibly do and I am learning so much from Elder Taylor. Im actually excited to wake up every morning at 630! We work out every mornig until 7 so that's good. We live with a member named brother Allen who is about 70 years old. Hes really funny. I didn't think I would like living with a member but its actually really cool. It keeps us in line haha. Could you see if there are any sales at express for their slacks? Those dickies just get way too hot out here. The express pants I have are perfect and they aren't to expensive. I like dark brown, dark grey, and black in a 30/30. You don't have to get any if theyre not on sale but I could really use some. Thank You soo much for the samoas! I cant believe they sell them on ebay hahaha. That made my day. And thanks for all the other stuff you guys have been sending me as well. It makes me happy to get pictures of the fam and what not. Well I think im gonna go now. I have to write my weekly letter to President. I just want you guys to know how happy I am here and that im staying safe so don't worry. I love the work Im doing and I know its true. I love my savior with all my heart. Im happy to here your all safe and happy. Mom- I love yo so much. Keep working hard with the business and keep loving dad Dad- I love you so much too. Thank you so much for supporting us all our lives. Keep loving mom I LOVE YALL!!!!! Love, Elder Burnham
P.S.- I don't have my exact address right now. Just keep writing the mission home. It works best that way anyways.

Elder Burnham and Elder Taylor

No comments: