Monday, June 9, 2008

what kind of member I want to be...

So I found out a few days ago that either me or elder honzic are getting transferred so im getting pretty anxious to find out. President is sending us the information any time within the next 30 min. to an hour. Im sorry if this email doesn't end up being very long. We have a lot going on today. Since transfers are this Wednesday we wanted to go out to Destine Florida. I think that's how you spell it at least. Its supposed to be the nicest coastal area around and there are some cool outlet stores I hear. So that will be fun. Me and Elder Honzic are going to take a lot of pictures up there today since these will be that last couple days we have together. Im so excited to see who my new comanion will be! Sister Summerhays said that he is one of her favorite missionaries out here and that hes a really loving, caring person. But she wouldn't tell me who it is. So im just sitting hear waiting for that email to come and then I think were going to take off. Destine is about a 30 mile drive. Ya the heat is getting pretty intense out here. We drive the car most of the time but every Friday we do a ton of service and ride our bikes all day so that gets pretty hard. It feels good to work hard like that though cuz then sleep feels extra nice. The mosquito situation is pretty crappy too. Theres a ton of them up here. Not as many as I thought there would be though. I love the pictures you guys sent me. Some of them were the same ones you sent me a few weeks ago though haha. Its all good. This week has been tough because like I said, we found out early that we were getting new companions so we have been really anxious all week for Monday to get here. But now its finally here so were happy As far as investigators go, we don't have any new ones. We just went trackting 2 days ago and found someone who seemed really promising but he gave us a wrong address. That's so frustrating. I mean, why don't they just say they are not interested? Oh well. The investigators we have right now are way cool anyways and they are all progressing pretty well. The last couple days have been good. We went to brother bryants last night and he had the laker game on while we were eating dinner. I gave into tempatation just for enough time to see them get there butts kicked haha. Laaaaame! Ya sorry I told you to send me those pants. I forgot I messed them up and made them all tight for that new years party at jessicas house. So I dont think ill be wearing those out here. I hope its alright with you guys if I buy a cheap pair at the outlets today cuz those dickies get pretty hot out here. As far as dinners go, We were getting fed every single night for the first half of our transfer, then we sent a member epistle out to all the ward members encouraging them to do missionary work. Ever since then we have only had dinner appointments maybe twice a week. This week we don't have any. Its really frustrating out here trying to get the members to do there jobs as missionaries. Its good though because im really starting to get a sence of what kind of member I want to be when I get home. Its weird because ill have really bad days and ill just get down on myself , but then the next day ill look back and realize I learned more that day then I did on a really good day. Don't worry though I havnt really had any bad days since the first week I got here. Ever sice then its been uphill and ive been learning so much. I really do love it here. It's the hardest work that I have ever done but its also the most rewarding. God has played such a huge role in my life in helping me to teach his children. Ahhhhh!! Im getting so impatient right now! I'm still waiting for Presidents email! I'm hoping to get it before I get done writing you guys so I can tell you where im going. Anyways, I gotta go write my email to the President. Like I said, Im sorry this letter wasn't very detailed. Were kinda short on time. If I have time after I write Pres. Ill write a little more and tell you who my new comp. is gonna be and where im going. Mom- I love you!!!! Dad- I love you!!! Love, Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: