Tuesday, May 27, 2008

it's not easy but it's worth it...

Im soooooo sorry I couldn't right you yesterday. It was memorial day so we had to work and now its our P-day today. I hope you wernt waiting all day yesterday for an email. But anyways, I got soo many emails today! I was way excited. I got a couple from you guys and then I got one from Chad, Shawna, and Brett. I love reading about whats going on back at home. I cant believe there were tornado touchdowns in lake elsinore!!! That's awesome! Theres been a few tornado touchdowns in my mission since ive been here. They mainly happen in mobile but I guess there pretty common here too. I didn't know florida even gets tornados but the members in my ward say that they are common whenever there is a thunderstorm. There was a huge storm the other night. I have never seen so much lightning in my life. I love it out here. Its really starting to grow on me. This week has been the best week ive had so far. Me and my comp are getting along way better but I think he might be getting transferred. Transfers are in 2 weeks so im actually really excited for that. Not too much has happened this week as far as missionary work. Don't get me wrong, were working our butts off, but the results are pretty much the same. We have a couple new investigators that came from member referrals though so that's nice. Oh yeah, we went on trade offs about 5 days ago and I got to spend a couple of days with our zone leader. Hes an awesome guy. We had so much fun and it was way cool getting to see what other missionaries are like and how they work. This week is gonna go by fast because Thursday we have another zone conference in Pensacola which is like 45 minutes away. Then Saturday were going back to Pensacola again to have a choir practice. All the missionaries in the zone are singing called to serve at stake conference so yeah were just practicing for that. Then Sunday were going back to Pensacola for stake conference. Good thing we don't pay for gas because that's a lot of driving at 4 dollars a gallon! I cant believe how hi the prices are getting! Are they the same in California? Anyways, that's pretty much it for this week. Im sorry I haven't sent you any pictures yet. I really am. Im just waiting because I want to send you a bunch Ill take a lot of good ones this week at zone conference I promise. Im stumped on what to write about right now. Ummm, oh yeah we live right next to a zoo so on fradays we go down and do service with the other missionaries in our district. Its way fun. The other missionaries are pretty nerdy but they are way cool. That's so crazy that sean and casey and all them are coming home already. Wow that blows my mind. Time is flying by out here. Can you believe next Wednesday will be my 2 month mark already? I cant believe my first transfer is close to being done with. Its been a tough one but I have gotten so much out of it its unbelievable. The Lord has strengthened me in so many ways. I don't really have the doctrine down yet because we don't have too many people to teach, just different parts of my personality and weaknesses that I had have just become so much stronger since I first got out here. Its not easy but its definitely worth it. By the way, how are the lakers doing? Haha that's the only wordly question im going to ask because I already know the answer for American idol. LoL. Anything else you wanna know? Im trying to think of details. I think starting tomorrow im gonna start making a list of things that's happen during the week so that when P-day comes around ill have a lot more stuff to write. By the way I saw an alligator this week! Just kidding. But I did se a shnapping turtle that almost bit my finger off a couple weeks ago. Not quite as cool but whatever. Im getting pretty sun burned out here. I might start buying some sunscreen because my skin is starting to hurt. Im so excited to spend my birthday in 105 degree humidity. NOT! Haha. Ya the heat is already unbearably and were only in may. How's the weather in Yorba Linda? Im trying to think of things I need. Samoa girl scout cookies would be nice but I don't there they are being sold right now. Im looking everywhere for them! What I would kill for for Christmas is a cheap GPS system. Like a 99 dollar one. Every missionary ive talked to says that they wish they would have bought one before they came out. But I don't really need that. If you could find an ipod charger that plugs into the wall though that would be really nice. And some of those comfy headphones we have at home or cheap ones. Cheap ones might be better cuz they would take up less room. Anyways, I gotta go. I love you guys so much. Thank you for everything. You're the best parents anyone could ask for. Like I said, Im gonna write down things during the week so my emails will be more detailed. Send pictures.. I promise ill send some soon. Im glad to hear everything is going good at home. I miss you guys but but I love the work that im doing so don't worry about me k? tell everyone im sorry I havnt written them yet. These past 2 p-days have been kinda hectic so ive just barely even had enough time to write you guys. I love you with all my heart. Keep reminding the kids about me. I don't want to be a stranger when I get back. Mom- I love You!!!!! I miss your cooking!!!!Dad- I love you too!!! I miss beating you at ping pong!!!! I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!

No comments: