Monday, November 24, 2008

Nov 24, 2008 Starting more serious journal writing....I love my mission

Nov 24, 08

Hey Mom and Dad-
Those pictures you sent are crazy!! Wow, I thought you were exaggerating when you said the fires were 100 ft tall. You weren’t joking! So yeah the whole camera thing was a huge bummer. I was pretty down about that for a while because I had a ton of pictures and videos of my old district which was my favorite district so far on my mission. I really don’t need much for Christmas though. You really don’t have to get me a new camera. I will just by some disposable ones haha. And as far as cloths and stuff, I like regular width ties, not the slim ones. I have to warn you though, I am very picky about my ties, and I really don’t need too many more. All I want is like 2 more ties, and there are a couple that I know express carries that I really like. I don’t really need any more white shirts, im pretty much covered in that area. I told you about the pants, probably just a black or brown pair size 30”32 from express. The size 30”30 ones have tended to get a little too short after I wash them. That’s really all I need, and I don’t even NEED that stuff so you really don’t have to get me anything. Oh yeah, as far as the mosimo shirts, I don’t really like those ones as much as the Athletic fit ones that I used to get before. And I wore a size small in those. If you just got me like 1 or 2 of the dark charcoal grey color of those that would be fine. Ok im don’t asking for stuff.

This week has been much better. We had Zone conference this week and that always makes for a good week because we are always so pumped up to work afterward. My only struggle lately has been with Elder Hill. He is an extremely hard worker when he wants to be, but then other times he will just want to sit and not do much, which irritates me. He doesn’t really like other people telling him what to do so that has kind of caused some contention lately because im not just going to sit and waste time out here. I didn’t sign up to come out here and work 75% of the time. Its not just him though. So many of the missionaries out here are just so young, and they are so naive about everything. Its not like im mature or anything haha, you know im not, but some of the missionaries out here you just cant help but wonder what they are doing out here. I don’t know, sometimes I regret not coming out here when I was nineteen, but then at the same time, im grateful, because im able to get to a lot more people than I think I could have when I was nineteen. Sorry about that tangent, like I said, we had a good week this week. I was a little bothered because we got in last night with 30 minutes left of our day, and we only got one investigator all week. So, Elder Hill and I knelt down and prayed for inspiration for what we could possibly do at 8:30 on a Sunday night where we could find someone who is searching for the Gospel. We both decided to go out and walk down our street. While walking, we both felt that we should walk into this little apartment complex that is next to ours, and as soon as we walked in, we saw a lady taking out her trash, so we decided to talk to her. To our surprise, she had never even heard of the Mormon church and she wanted to learn more. We set up an appointment for next Saturday with her. The Lord delivers when we ask in faith, that’s all I can say.

So have yall gone up to the lake at all this week? I havnt heard any fun lake stories lately. I guess the whole fire thing must have been a good scare for everyone. Next time you sent pictures out, can you send some pics of our house and the backyard? That sounds kind of weird, but I would just like to see all that stuff haha.

So ive started to write in my journal after like 8 months. Ive written in it a few times, but not as much as I should. This week ive been writing in it almost every day. I guess I just figured that you guys will have all my letters when I get home and that I could just look at those as my journal, but lately, I feel like I should really be writing all the expeiences ive been having on a daily basis down. Seriously Mom and Dad, my life style has changed so much out here. The Lord has shaped me and is continuing to shape me into everything that ive wanted to become. I love my mission. Im so grateful for the savior and everything he has done for me. I love you Mom with all my heart. I love you too Dad, so much. Im sorry I have to cut this short, I only have 5 minutes left and I haven’t emailed president yet. Just know that I am happy and I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: