Monday, November 3, 2008

Nov 3, 2008 Elder Hill, possible baptism date with Tony

Nov 3 08
Mom and Dad and Fam-

So yeah I have been hearing about all the stuff going on in California and in Salt Lake. So crazy! The members out here have been really good at informing us about everything. It seems like so much crazy stuff has been going on since I left and its only been 7 months! Is it true that they were writing on the walls Temple grounds? That’s so cool that the Polynesians were protecting the temple. Some of the best missionaries that I have met out here so far are the Polynesians.

I got the package you sent with the pictures and cloths. Thank you so much. The only thing that I forgot is that those shirts don’t have pockets haha. Its ok though. There is a senior missionary couple out here that travels around the mission and they sew and alter everyones cloths so im sure they’ll be able to so some pockets on for me. I’m still working on sending you more pictures. I forgot which ones I already sent last time. I’m sorry im taking so long with that. I love The fam looks so good! Ithe pictures that you guys send me though loved the pictures of sadie and murph-durph especially. I miss those dogs.

The weather out here is beautiful. It’s about 70-75 degrees every day. It gets pretty cold at night, but im ok with that. Im getting way excited for the holidays. I cant believe its almost Thanksgiving! Are you guys going to go get a big tree again this year or are you gonna get a smaller one? We have a really cool family signed up to feed us for thanksgiving so you don’t have to worry about me not getting fed. I am hoping to stay here another transfer. Elder Hill and I get along pretty good. To be honest there are some things he does that really irritate the crap out of me haha! But for the most part he is a good kid. He might get transferred because hes been here for almost 6 months. I don’t think ill be going anywhere soon. But of course that’s what I said back in Pensacola and I ended up getting transferred so I dunno.

This week was a pretty good week. Not as much happened as the couple weeks before but it was still a pretty good one. We got a few new investigators, but all but one got antied before we had a chance to have a second lesson. One of them called an hour after our first lesson and said, “Sorry but I’m going to have to cancel for next week because I don’t believe in a heaven where you can have more than one wife.” Then she hung up on us. She must have went on the internet or something right after we left, kind of annoying. We had to push Marty’s baptismal date back because he is still struggling a bit with the word of wisdom. He still really wants to be baptized and he knows its true. He is totally committed to quit smoking and drinking coffee so just keep praying for him. Jenny is still on for December 13. She’s going to tell her parents this week, so on Tuesday were going to give her a blessing because shes pretty scared. We are probably going to set a baptismal date with another investigator named Tony Despane soonas well. His wife is a member and I think he is getting pretty close. We have had some really good lessons with him. Other than that we just contacted, tracted, and visited less-actives all week.

Im glad you guys had fun at the lake this week. I miss that place. Theres about 5 or 6 really cool missionaries out here that I invited to come out there for a weekend when we all come back so I hope that’s ok with you guys haha. Mom and Dad, I love you so much. Thank you for everything. Your letters, packages, and emails make me so happy. Im so happy that everything is going good back home. Keep me posted about this whole Prop. 8 thing. I love you Mom! I love you Dad! I love you Family!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: