Monday, November 3, 2008

Last couple of weeks in Crestview have been amazing

Mom and Dad and Family-

What the heck?! I wrote you guys last week! That is so weird! Dang it that makes me kinda mad actually. Im really sorry guys. That would ruin my week if I didn’t get a letter from you guys. Don’t ever think that I would deliberately not write you guys. I will never not write you on purpose.

Anyways, I guess that means I have to catch you up on the last two weeks lol. The last couple weeks in Crestview have been amazing. Crestview seemed to be dead at the beginning of last transfer, and now in the last few weeks it seems to have exploded. I don’t know what happened. I think I told you about Marty, well he is getting baptized on November 22nd! Im pretty sure that’s all I wrote about in the last letter. Or maybe it was the one before? I forget. But yeah he is an amazing person. The only hurdle for him is Coffee. Oh yeah and I guess theres the whole fact that hes an active anarchist haha!! But we can work on that. I'm trying to think of what else happened last week. All I remember is that we did a whole bunch of tracting and had a whole lot of success in that. I think last week was Zone Conference as well. It was one of the most powerful Zone Conferences that I've been to so far. I made a ton of little changes because of it and it has made a huge difference in the work. The Lord has blessed us so much.

This week was even better than last week. We found a few new investigators and we have had some amazing lessons. The one I want to bring up is the one we had with Jenny. I think I told you about her a few weeks ago. Shes about 18 years old and her boy friend is the one I told you about who reminds me of Ray. He just got his mission call to New Zealand. Anyways, his girlfriend Jenny was interested in the Church and so we have been teaching her for about 5 weeks now. Last week was pretty scary because she had talked to her Catholic priest and a bunch of her catholic friends and for a few days there she didn’t want anything to do with the Church. We were all so confused because she had born her testimony and had told us she knew it was true. We were pretty discouraged. After a few days she called us and said she wanted to meet with us without her boyfriend Ben being there. He had been at every lesson before so that kind of confused us. But anyways, so we met with her yesterday which was fast Sunday. Surprisingly we found out that she had fasted. All I can really say about the lesson that we had with Jenny yesterday is that it was the most powerful and spiritual lesson I have been in so far. Jenny started out with many questions which we answered. I wish I could remember everything that was said, all I know is that it was pretty much just a testimony meeting with the 3 of us. Elder Hill and I bore our testimonies and by the time the lesson was over, Jenny’s countenance had changed. She then once again bore her testimony and was completely in tears. She told us that the next step for her was baptism! So we set a date with her for December 13. Let me just say that there is power in Fasting. We thought we were the only ones fasting for Jenny, but it turned out that Jenny and Ben had both fasted, the Mozina family from our ward had fasted for her, and even the Stake President had fasted for her. Ahhhh, I just wish I could tell you everything that happened or at least write out how happy I am! I get frustrated because I cant type everything that I feel. So yeah we have 2 baptismal dates set, Marty and Jenny. Please keep them in your prayers. Especially Jenny. She has a tough road ahead of her because her whole family is Catholic and very stubborn. Please pray for her.

I cant believe how involved the church is in this whole Prop 8 thing. That’s so crazy. It’s a pretty big deal out here too but its probably way crazier in California. Yeah send me those papers so I can vote. I hope its not to late though, I hear election day is tomorrow? I don’t know, they don’t tell us anything here.

Oh yeah, I think I told you the wrong size for those brown express pants a couple of weeks ago. I said size 32”32 but I think a size 30”32 would be better because they run kinda big.

Ill send pictures soon. Sorry its taking so long. I just want to get as many as possible in each chip.

K anyways, all is well here in Crestview. Ive been the happiest that ive been my whole mission so no worries. I love you guys so much! Mom- how is the business going? How are the kids? Dad- is the practice still going strong? Hows the boat and the sea-doos? I love you guys with all my heart!!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

P.S. Im going to send this twice just to make sure!!

No comments: