Monday, November 17, 2008

Yorba Linda of Fire Week of Nov. 15, 2008


Mom, Dad, and Fam-

I am so happy to hear you guys are ok! A couple days ago I was at Pizza Hutt and they had the TVs on. I looked at the TV for a split second, and in huge letters I see YORBA LINDA ON FIRE! I was like, what the heck!!?? The News was showing videos of it and I recognized some of the streets they were filming. So yeah I was pretty eager to email you guys. Im not gonna lie, I was 2 seconds away from calling president and seeing if he could call you guys to make sure everything was alright. That letter that Mom sent was like an action movie. Im sitting here in a nice quiet library, and when I started reading the email, I pretty much yelled, “holy crap!!” I feel like I cant even write back after an email like that. Everything that went on this week is pretty boring compared to 100 ft flames almost completely destroying our house and our entire city. When I saw the news, I though for sure yall would be up at the lake house! Did you guys not realize how close the fire was? Im still all shaken up, so I cant even imagine what it was like for you.

So everyone is ok though? Did the fire go by Bretts or Rays house at all? Why couldn’t the fire just go get all the protesting gays? That’s crazy that they are still at it. Weve heard bits and pieces out here. They tell us not to talk about politics or anything out here, but its kind of hard not to when that’s all we hear about when we talk to the members. It’s a little annoying.

Anyways, the work was kind of slow this week. It was actually a really frustrating week for me to tell you the truth. I’ve gotten into a mode lately where I just don’t really like wasting any time. ......... There are just a lot of little things that I let get under my skin and I shouldn’t let that happen. I have a lot of pride that I never new I had, so im really trying to work on that.

Things are still going really good with both Jenny and Marty. Jennys baptismal date is still on December 13th and Martys is now on December 5th. Im really excited about Jenny, shes just so excited to get baptized. Shes getting involved with the youth and going to institute down In Pensacola. You can just tell that her testimony is so sincere. She still hasn’t told her parents about it. She says that she doesn’t care what they say or do, she knows that its true and that’s all she needs.

Transfers are coming up next week. I really don’t know whats going to happen. Theres a possibility that Elder Hill might leave. Im most likely going to stay because they aren’t going to white wash Crestview, theres just too much good stuff going o here. If Elder Hill leaves, theres a chance that I might train because there are 6 missionaries going home and 12 plus missionaries coming out. I really don’t know though, we just hear rumors about what going on so its kinda fun when tranfers come around.
Everything thing else is going good though. Im getting way excited for the Holidays. Its pretty crazy if you think about it, ill be talking to yall in about a month on the phone. Actually it will probably be sooner because they let us do a pre phone call a few days early so that we can tell you what time exactly we will be calling. VERY NICE!! Haha.

So I havnt sent any pictures home yet of Elder Hill and I? The last ones I sent were definitely not the ones of Elder Honzic and I. I think your getting confused of who my Companions have been . I was trained by Elder Honzic, then I was with elder Taylor, then Keesler, now im with Elder Hill. K well I have to wrap this letter up, I only have 7 minutes left and I havnt even written president yet. I love you you Mom!!!! I love you dad!!!! I love you family! Oh, wait, my time just got extended an additional 15 minutes. Sweet!!!

K so have I already told you what I needed for Christmas? Not really anything haha. Ill try and think of a list. So far, all I can think of is a pair or two of size 30”32 express pants. Brown or black, or both haha. Anyways, I love you!!!!! Send pix of the fires and ill send the chip home in the next day or two. Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Joshua burnham

No comments: