Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec 1, 2008 I'm so grateful for my family this Thanksgiving

Dec 1, 08


Hey Mom and Dad-

Wow so it sounds like the holidays are going to be pretty fun back home. That’s awesome that chad, Emily and parker are coming home for a while. Yeah, im allowed to call anybody in the family so you don’t have to worry about staying with everybody if you don’t want. Were allowed to call a day or two early so I will most likely call on Christmas eve just for about 5 minutes to set up a time and what not. Im am so stinkin excited! You really don’t have to get me much this year. As far as the ties go, I know that express has skinnier ones and regular sized ones. I would rather go with the regular sized ones. Im not a huge fan of the real skinny ties anymore. You can just send the package to the Crestview address. Tranfers were last week and we are both staying here for another 5 weeks. Can you believe at the end of this transfer I will be hitting 9 months? So crazy. I don’t know where all the time has gone. I will be a third of the way done in about 9 days. But who’s keeping track anyways? Haha.

So dad bought a Nintendo wii? Do you guys play it a lot? I know that bowling game that comes with it is pretty fun. The kids want a new trampoline? Are you really going to buy one? Remember what happened to me on one of those things? Haha

Anyways, thanksgiving was a blast. First we went over to the Mozina families home at around 2:00pm and had our thanksgiving over there. Their family totally reminds me of ours so that was really fun. Theres two boys in the family: chris who is 22 and Justin who is 16. They are so funny . And then their sister amber who is about 21 just came home from BYU so all three of them together was a crack up. We played pictionary for a while with them, and then we went over to an investigators house for a second thanksgiving dinner. This is when things got a bit interesting. This investigators name is Chuck. His daughter Miranda who is 18 years old , got married to a less active member of our ward (Jeremy) who is about 30 years old. He grew up in detriot so he is pretty gangster looking haha, but he is way cool. Anyways, Chucks Daughter Miranda got baptized about 3 months ago, but after about two weeks, she went crazy and started doing drugs and cheating on Jeremy. So for the passed three months, hes been trying to get a divorce with her and she has pretty much been living on the street. So I say things got interesting at Chuck’s house, because he had Mirand and her friends come over, and also invited Jeremy as well. So yeah things went pretty crazy over there. There were a few choice words said, but finally Miranda and her friends left and everything went good after that. We had some good laughs and dinner was amazing. Chuck is about 70 years old, and hes from Boston so he has the coolest accent. Hes really hard headed, but extremely smart and very nice. So yeah Thanksgiving was good

The rest of the week was decent. Elder Hill was sick most of the week, so most the time I was on the phone trying to call potential investigators to set up appointments. That got pretty boring after a while. He says hes feeling better now though so hopefully this next week will pick up. Sometimes I feel like im the only one who wants to actually get up and work. Its getting a little frustrating, but oh well, it’s the frustrating and discouraging times that you grow the most right?

So yeah like I said, you can send stuff straight to here for the next 5 weeks. I havnt gotten any mail for a while now so im excited to finally get something haha! That’s awesome that Emily called you guys. What did she say? Tell my friends to write me! Actueally, most of them have, im just a bum and it takes me a while to write them back lol. Brett sent me some Hillarious Halloween pictures so that was pretty fun.

Anyways, I love you guys. I thought a lot this thanksgiving about all I am grateful for, and there is nothing on earth that I could be more grateful than my family. I love you guys so much. I pray for you everynight. Keep praying for me and especially for my investigators, especially Jenny. Shes still getting baptized on December 13, but she needs all the prayers she can get because of her family. Mom- I love you with all my heart. Dad- I love you so much also. Say hi to everyone for me and tell Chad and Shawna they need to write me back! Im going to write Katey today, and Boppa too because I got another letter form him. Anyways, I love yall!!!!!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: