Monday, September 29, 2008

Just throw out tht little extra effort....and the Lord really does bless you for it!


Hey Mom and Dad!

Im glad to here everything is going good back home. Yes I got your package Thank you so much. I get so excited whenever I get letters or packages. Some of that stuff I probably wont be listening to because there are some love songs, but you put some really good ones on there as well. I love the Jason Castro songs! I can definitely listen to those out here because its all gospel. You should so send me out his version of somewhere over the rainbow! But yeah, thank you for those CDs and also the goodies. Oh and thank you for remembering Kimi’s address. Im actually trying to write people on my P-days now. Im gonna try and write the rest of the family either today or next P-day. I have been writing Ray and Brett as well so that’s been fun. I’m so jealous that you get to go to the Temple! Missionaries out here are always talking about how much we miss the temple. I really do miss it. I regret not going more often when I had the chance to.

This week has been one of our better weeks here in Crestview. I found that when just throw out that extra effort and try to just step out of your comfort zone a little bit more than you are used to to talk to somebody, the Lord really does. Bless you for it. For example, this last Tuesday, We were biking around visiting Less-active members and by the end of the day, we were dead tired. We had one more house to visit and it was the farthest one on the map. We pedaled all the way there just to fid that they weren’t home. So as we were about to bike back home for dinner, We noticed that there was a lady sitting out on here front porch right next door to the house we were at. So we kind of sighed and went to talk to her. She was a nice lady but she really didn’t seem to interested, but we still felt good about throwing the invitation out there. So anyways, as we were biking home after a long day of not really any success, all of a sudden this young black man runs out in the street and stops us. He asked us what we were doing riding around in such nice cloths. We told him who we were and taught him the The Restoration in about 3 minutes. When we told him about Prophets and Apostles on the earth today, he was like, “ No way! Really?! Like, a real Prophet like Moses or Abrham? Wow!” This kid (Shaheem) is so prepared for the gospel. I honestly feel that its because we threw out that extra effort that the Lord allowed us to find Shaheem, or rather, for him to find us. Im not saying that to brag, im just saying its awesome how when we show the Lord that we are willing to go just that little extra distance, he ALWAYS delivers. Anyways, long story short, we ended up setting up a return appointment with Shaheem and we asked him when he receives an answer that the Book of Mormon is true would he be baptized and he said, “Yes sir!” So we are very excited for him.

Other than that, Were teaching this other married couple now who I guess you would call eternal investigators. The missioaries have been going to there place for the pst 8 years and they take very good care of us. They feed us when ever we go over there and we actually have benn going over there for fishing on the last 2 P-days haha. They have 70 acres of land, 1 lake, 3 fishing ponds, and a swamp. It’s the most beautiful land I have ever seen. Were going ove there today to go fishing again.

Anyways, I only have a couple minutes left to type. I am alive and Kicking. I don’t wear my seatbelt, but I do wear a helmet This week has been so much better. Yes, I am still very happy out here in Florida. I love you guys so much. I don’t know the address right this moment, but I am sending pictures home this week so I will put our home address as the return address. Its just scary though becuae I get tranfered and you send a letter to the old address, most likely the missionary would be to lazy to forward it right away. I don’t think im getting transferred though so ill give it to you. I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything! Mom- hows the business going? I love you so much! Dad- Is this practice still going strong? I love you so much also! Bye guys!!!! Tell the Family I love them!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: