Monday, September 15, 2008

Chased by the dogs


Mom and Dad-
So you guys didn’t go to the lake at all this week? Sweet haha. Ill have to see pictures of moms new haircut. This week was kind of depressing. The work was good, but aside from that, I was hoping to get some letters this week. I wrote a few of my friends a while back and havent really heard from them yet. Oh well. So your sending off the CDs and some pictures? Awesome! I love getting pictures from you guys. I really don’t have nearly enough.

So funny, the other day when we were riding our bikes, all of a sudden two dogs jump out of the bushes and chase Elder Hall for about half a mile. I swear these dogs were the fastest dogs I have ever seen. He was in front of me so of course I was just watching the whole thing and laughing my head off. I have never seen a 210 pound man bike so fast in my life. There were some people watching the whole thing too that were pretty entertained. But anyways, after the dogs were done with My companion, they looked back and saw me not to far behind. So they quickly hide behind the nearest bush, and sure enough, as I ride by the bush, they jump out of the bush at me and start chasing me down as well. But at that point they were a little more tired and I had my foot off the pedal ready to kick one in the face if it got close enough. We escaped with our lives so I guess that’s good.

Yeah so far this area is really cool. Im getting used to the whole bike thing. I think at this next Zone conference we are going to petition for a car though. This area is pretty big for a bike area and there are a few places that we just cant get to with out a car. So hopefully that works out. This is definitely a different area from Fox Run though that’s for sure. There are some weird people over here. Theres two areas that we never go through at night. One of the neighborhoods we call Crackville, and just on the other side of the street is Dope District. We have a black friend who lives there and that’s what he calls it. He says he will keep us out of trouble when we ride through there haha. We kind of have like, 3 different classes in Crestview. We have the completely rural red neck area, the more family oriented neighborhoods, and of course the ghetto which is my favorite place to go. I really don’t know why, I think its because the people are just so much more humble there so they will sit and talk to us all day long. Our apartment is the biggest one that I have been in so far. Its actually really nice. The members feed us very well in the area so we hardly ever have to make our own dinner. The only concern in this area is that since it is more inland, there tends to be more tornadoes up here. So Good!! I hope I see one.

Im trying to think of anything else exciting to tell you. Oh yeah, last week for P-day, we got permission to drive 30 minutes north to Alabama. The sisters drove us up there. We went to a little town called Florala, Alabama. It was awesome. Such a beautiful area. I took a lot of pictures so ill be sending those off soon.

Well, nothing else to special to tell you guys. Im still as happy as can be. I love it here. My studies have improved so much as ive prayed for help. The Lord is helping me and lifting me every single day I am out here. I really miss the Temple by the way. I know, kinda random, but I do! I miss you guys. I love you sooooo much. Tell the Family how much I miss them and love them! Mom- I love you!!!!! Dad- I love you!!!! Katey, Keegan, Chad, Emily, Parker, Shawna, Andy, Julie, Ryan, and Kenna-I love you all!!!!!!
Bye yall

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: