Friday, September 12, 2008

Transfer to Crestview...The Lord is on my side


Mom and Dad-

This week has been a really good week actually. It was so weird when I found out that I was getting transferred. I really thought that I was going to be in Fox Run for at least like two more transfers. I loved Fox Run. The Pensacola Zone was just so great. I really do miss it. But im excited about this new area. The only thing im not excited about is the fact that it’s a bike area! Lame, lame, lame. Itll be nice to get back into shape though haha. Maybe ill shake off the 25 lbs that I have gained out here. It is so weird, I am still as skinny as can be, but my stomach sticks out about 7 more inches than the rest of my body haha. All the weight I have gained is all in my stomach. It looks really weird. Anyways, my comapanion is really cool. We already get along really well. Hes kind of a dork though. He looooves superman and he Loooooooooves star wars. But other than that, hes actually really cool and we have a lot in common.

Crestview is a pretty simple area. Its more rural than Fox Run that’s for sure. Half of this area is a little more city, and half is extremely back country. There is a ton of military in this area because its next to Fort Walton. We are actually in the Fort Walton Zone. I havnt really met any of the other missionaries in our zone yet. Our district is pretty cool though. We have two sisters; Sister Bartson and Sister Malcom. My comp (Elder Hill) has a crush on Sister Malcom haha. And then the other missionaries in our district are Elders Lewis and Treasure. Elder Lewis is the one who I came out with the first time who I said was awesome. Hes our district leader.

So that’s awesome that you guys had a lot of the family down for a little bit. Im so jealous. I bet that was so fun. And I cant believe you guys bought sea dews! That’s so awesome. Those will be so much fun out there for everyone. I bet Julie loves them.

Im glad you got the pictures. Yeah that’s fine if you put some pics on the chip. But I would rather you get them developed so I can have them to put in a picture book or something. Im trying to get more pictures. As far as the pics I sent you, you can take the chip to any Walmart and usually they have these machines there that you can just stick the chip in and they will just develop the whole chip. Im just going to start doing that before I send you guys the chip. I just found out you could do that like a week ago.

We don’t have as many people to teach in this area as we did in Fox Run, but the people that we are teaching seem like they are a lot more promising. We have about 6 or 7 investigators. I haven’t met each one of them yet, but from what I hear, they are amazing people. We average about one or two full lessons a day here so its not to bad. The Lord will help this area to grow, I know it.

I will send Boppa that letter today. I have a lot of letters to write today so I will add him to the list. Ive been writing Ray and Brett so that’s been fun getting letters from them. It sounds like they are both doing very well. I miss them a lot. Anyways, I am back to using dumb library computers that only give us 60 minutes to write all our emails like I had back in Navarre. So im gonna go write President now. If I have some extra time, I will get back on and write a little more. I love you guys so so so so much. Seriously, a day doesn’t go by where I am not thinking about the family. I hope you don’t ever worry about me. Im loving life right now. I have never been so happy. The lord is blessing me in so many different ways. If I am ever struggling, he gives me the strength to cope. There is no need to worry. The Lord is on my side. I love him and know that he lives, and is watching over me. I love you Mom. I love you Dad. Stay close to the Savior. Make sure the rest of the Family is too. I Love Yall!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: