Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29, 2009

June 29

Mom and Dad-
Hey guys! That’s great news that Chad passed his exams. I bet he just loves life now. Im glad to here all is well back home. Are Casey and all them home for the Summer or something? I know Brett is just getting started with school isn’t he?

So this transfer is going to be one of those really difficult ones. Im training Elder Adam who I can tell is going to try my patience. Its ok though, Its good to go through experiences like these. He is a good missionary, I think he was just really sheltered back home and he has a hard time taking advice from anyone. It will be a good transfer though, I prayed for humility before transfers so I guess this is the Lords way of answering that prayer haha. I have never worked harder than I have this week though. We found 7 new people to teach so that was good. We knocked on doors for a good 4-6 hours each day. Reed Stevens committed to be baptized, but we still aren’t too sure how ready he is yet. Some people just don’t get that baptism is a life long commitment, not just something you do to be clean for a while and then go back to normal life. We had some good lessons this week with Cindy Love and Alisha Striblan. Alisha is the other Lady that has a baptismal date for July 18. She is a little more solid, but still has a smoking issue so we are still trying to help her with that.

The weather cooled down a little bit this week. It was up to 110 by last Monday, but its back down to the low 90’s now so it’s a little bit nicer to proselyte in. It has been bone dry lately, not a single storm. How has the weather out there been? Have you been out to the Lake at all lately?

My studies have been really good lately. I have focused a lot on all the elements that make up Faith lately. Reading Elder Bednar’s talk “Seek Learning by Faith” opened my eyes to what Faith really is, but I still really don’t know anything. Another really great talk you should read is “Moral Agency” by Elder Christofferson.

Well, im sorry I don’t have a ton to write about this week. Everyone wants to go get food right now so I have to go. I love you guys so much. I will have more to talk about next week. I love you Mom, I love you Dad! I love you Family!
Love, Josh

No comments: