Monday, June 15, 2009

Week of June 15

Mom and Dad-

That’s really cool that everyone likes this dammeron valley place. Are you guys putting some pretty serious thought into it? I got the LDS business college papers in the mail. I haven’t had a chance to look at them yet. Ill look over them today and try not to get too trunky haha. So Chad is still having to take a bunch of tests? I thought that was all over with when he finished the schooling. Tell me how that goes.

Thank You for the pictures that you sent also. I loved seeing Sadie and Charlie Murphy. I bet that was pretty crazy having all those dogs on the beach. Have you guys been skiing at all on the new boat? I bet the wake makes it pretty difficult. How is the weather out there? It is getting ridiculously hot over here. Its been in the mid 90’s all week, which would be ok in California, but throw in 80-90% humidity with that, and its pretty gross.

This week has been pretty average. We had 4 or 5 really good lessons. Weve been teaching this lady named Alisha for the passed couple weeks who has been coming to church and says that she wants to be baptized when she gets an answer to her prayers. Shes a normal person too, so that’s good. When I say normal, I mean that many investigators we find out here have a lot of weird quarks about them which makes things a little bit frustrating at times, but they also make great stories so its all good. We were struggling to hit our goal for new investigators this week so we ended up doing a ton of tracting. A lot of people don’t like tracting, but I actually kind of enjoy it. Its pretty fun getting to so see many different types of people. Its also really fun just thinking of different approaches you could use and how you can tie it back to the restoration. It also makes it nice to have a companion that you actually like.

Im pretty sure that Elder Gooch is the only one leaving. In our apartment right now is me, Elder Gooch, Elder Rosenlund, and Elder Jackson. Elders Gooch and Jackson are for sure leaving, which leaves me and Elder Rosenlund. President has already told Elder Rosenlund that he is training, so I have no idea whats happening with me as far as any positions, I just know that I am staying.

We are having a district conference with President Summerhays this Tuesday which will be interesting. Usually we do Zone conferences, but this month President wanted to just do it with individual districts, so it will be more one on one. I always get so much out of the conferences that we have with President, so I’m really excited. Elder Gooch and I are going to ask him if he could come to a lesson with Alisha right after the meeting, so I hope it works.
Are you still going to send Brett’s talk? We aren’t really supposed to go on any other sites, so it would probably be better if you sent it.

Last night we went to a dinner appointment with second ward at the Maresh’s. This is probably one of the coolest families ever. It is a part member family that the 2nd ward missionaries ran into a while back. Brother Maresh was a less active member and was unordained, and the rest of his family aren’t members. So anyways, he just got they priesthood and he is going to baptize his family on Friday, so Elder Gooch and I needed to go to this dinner apointment so that he could interview them for baptism. So anyways, Bother Maresh collects all different kinds of hot sauces, and it got pretty brutal last night. He had this sauce that was pure habenero and Chile pepper extract. So we were one upping eachother all night and toward the end of the night, we were just dunking all our food in this stuff. I have never had anything so hot in my life. I couldn’t sleep until around 1am this morning because of stomach pains and ever since I woke up, ive been pooping hand grenades, so I don’t think I will do that again.

Anyways, sorry there isn’t really anything else too exciting to tell you. I had a good week, but I cant think of too many exciting details. Im glad to hear all is well back home. I love you Mom! I love you Dad! I love you Family!

Love, Josh

No comments: