Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6, 2009

July 6

Mom and Dad-

Blake is here!! Sooo good! Is he healthy and everything? I am so excited. Did everything go well? Those pictures you sent are great. I didn’t get an email from you this week, im guessing it just didn’t go through or something. How was St. George? Were you guys at the lake at all this week? I got an email from Brett saying that he did some wakeboarding behind our boat. He seems to be doing really good. Is he still pretty wierded out about being home? He is going to have one of his friends back very soon so I bet that will be good for him.

This was a pretty good week. Ive been working harder for the last week or 2 than I have my whole mission. Training this new Elder is pretty tough. You can tell he was pretty sheltered back home and his social skills are awkward. He has a really hard time talking to people, so I figured the best way to get over that is by knocking on doors for 6 hours a day. I feel a little bad sometimes because he really fumbles up his words and gets pretty frustrated when he tries to talk to anybody. I am thinking I might be leaving next transfer, or at least that is what I am kind of hoping for. The whole district leader thing isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Training is actually a lot more difficult.

I don’t have too many cool stories to tell. I guess there are a couple funny ones. We were knocking on some doors earlier in the week, and this old man came out side and told us to come over and talk him. His name was Evangelist Coon. He told this long story about how when he was our age, he was caught up in a sect and that the Spirit fell on him and saved him from this cult. He then told us that we were trapped just like he was. He told us that us that he had just had a revival and healed a bunch of people, so I read to him part of Mathew 7 and told him that I he worked those miracles by the power of Satan which he didn’t seem too happy about. So all of a sudden he jerked his whole body back and convulsed as if he was filled with the Spirit, and he reached out to grab my hand to save me. I jumped back as well, because I thought that he might posses me or something, so we just left while he continued to yell strange things at us until we were down the street a ways. So that was a pretty fun experience. The other story isn’t as cool, Just another old guy that flagged us down while we were biking and told us that the Apocalypse was going to happen on June 23, 2012. He had some other arguments as well but I wont bring them up. I realized that I get a little too heated sometimes when people try to bash. I just find a little too much joy sometimes in proving people wrong with the bible, which I know is wrong. I finished the Book of Mormon again, and im starting a new copy. I don’t know what I want to mark in it this time though. Wow, im just rambling, sorry.

So, not too much more to say. I am just so excited for Chad and Emily. They have their own little family now. How is everyone else doing? I really need to start writing letters to everyone. Can you send me all of their addresses? I love you guys so much. Thank you for the pictures! I love you mom, I love you dad!

Love, Josh

No comments: