Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1

June 1
Mom and Dad-

Hey guys! Sorry that you haven’t gotten those pictures yet. They are in the mail as of today, so you should be getting them within the next few days. Those pictures of Brett at the airport are great. He really good. So he is thinking of going up to Idaho? Ray said that he is probably going to do that as well. I don’t really know what I am going to do yet. I think I will give myself another 6 months before I really start thinking about it. I don’t know if they will fumble my return date around at all, I just know that that is the release date on my ministerial certificate. As far as im concerned, that is the exact date when I leave because that is a Wednesday which is transfer day.

It seems like we have just been filtering through all of our investigators. Last week and this week we have been dropped by a lot of them, but we have also found some promising ones as well. We had 4 investigators at church yesterday which was really cool. We are going to start teaching the Caldwells. The Dad is a less active member, but his kids have not been baptized. Torren is the main one that we are working on. He is 14 years old. The other two girls are 12 and 10. So it will be really cool if we can get them all baptized and get the Dad reactivated again. Things are going good with Cindy. She has not been to church yet which is a bummer, but we are working on it. Reed Stevens comes to Church every Sunday and has been reading and praying, so we are hoping to set a date with him really soon. This week has been really good for the most part. We have been doing a lot more teaching and we have been able to get members to come to most of our teaching appointments with us, things have been going quite smoothly lately. Last night, I was about to use the bathroom, and as I was about to sit down, I saw 3 huge crawfish in our toilet. So I opened the 2nd ward missionaries door and through them at them. Long story short, a war broke out in our apartment, and lets just say that they had a whole bag of crawfish just waiting for Elder Gooch and I. Anyways, we have a lot of cleaning up to do today.

So you guys were able to hang with Katey and Keagan for a little bit? That’s cool. I cant wait to ride Chile. Oh yeah, as we were tracting a couple days ago, we ran into this lady who had a ton of dogs in her yard, two of which were two big Great Danes. One of them was a female and had the same exact markings as Sadie. The owner said that she was about 14 years old, but she was still as playful as ever. The only difference is that she didn’t have her ears cropped. The owner let us pet her and play with her a little bit and it made my day.

I am so excited for this Saturday to go and see Elder Bednar. The Zone leaders are going to spend the night on Friday night, and then we are going to drive up to Pensacola at 6 in the morning and hopefully get there by 7 or 730. It doesn’t start until 9am, but we want to get front row seats in the chapel. If we end up getting there two hours early, we can always just study I guess. It will be fun to go see two of my old areas. We will be driving through Navarre, where I was trained; and then we will be going to Fox Run for the conference which was my second area. It is actually really weird how close I have stayed to all my former areas. I am within and hour and a half driving distance to each of my last areas which isn’t really normal. Im pretty sure I will get to go to Alabama sooner or later. Pretty much half of our mission is in Alabama. But at a will most likely be here for at least another two to three months. President told Elder Gooch that he would be leaving this next transfer most likely to go zone leader, so I will be staying. What worries me is that he is our district leader right now, and the only other person staying this next transfer is Elder Rosenlund who is going to be training. So Im hoping one of the Sisters in our district will be district leader or something.

My black shows are officially starting to fall apart. The Rubber is starting to come apart from the shoe, and part of the bottom has torn off. Do I have permission to by a cheap pair of dress shoes from Ross?

Anyways, I have to go now. Thank you for those pictures. Sorry I didn’t take too many. There are maybe 20 or so that I sent home. I love you Mom! I love you Dad! Thank you so much for everything. I miss you and love you!

Love, Josh

No comments: