Friday, January 15, 2010

Jan 15, 2010 Big changes coming

Hey Mom and Dad!

We just got tranfer information. I am staying here and Elder Fox is getting tranferred. My new companion is going to be Elder Tolley. I have served around him a couple times; once in Crestview and once in Fort Walton. He seems like an awesome missionary. Everyone i have talked to so far says that i am going to love him. I have actually known about this for the past few days now. I have been talking with President alot over the past week because he has been helping us with the whole carpet situation, and he let me know a few days ago that there would be some big changes here and that Elder Fox would be leaving. It has been really hard not to say anything to anyone the last couple days. So, i am very excited about the next couple transfers. Elder Tolley will most likely be my last companion. So weird!

Last week was one of the more challenging weeks for me. I was struggling to be patient all week. I wont go into details because it is pretty much the same type of stuff i talked to you guys on the phone about. I did however learn alot this week and was able to find alot of answers to my prayers. I have been trying to think of ways in my personal studies lately to set and record goals for attributes that i am trying to work on. I have never been a big goal setter, but after a really difficult day this week, i prayed, and recieved an answer that i need to start setting personal goals for myself and recording them. So i have been trying to think of a good system for that.

The hard week ended great though. We finally got new carpet and a new washer. Our apartment is finally back in order and spot clean. It was such a miracle that it everything got put back in order right before the new tranfer. So that made the whole difficult week worth it.

I really havent heard too much about flexibility with release dates. I know of missionaries that have gone home early for school, but i dont know of any other cases. I know it would probably be a little more difficult in my case because i am in a leadership possition and President would have to replace me with someone else just for the last few days. Also, you guys wouldnt be able to have that interview with President if i was released a few days earlier because he sets specific time aside to do that on transfer days. So thats why you guys would have to call and find out that information because i really do'nt know. It is getting exciting to talk about though:)

As far as school goes, i would prefer to go to Fullerton. I don't know what is available over there, but i did enjoy that institute alot. I mean, if you would like to register for me that would be great, i just feel bed making you do that, and maybe it would be good for me to do it. Whatever way will work.

I am so sorry about Tony. I know how much you love her. Everything will be ok. It will all work out exacly the way that it is supposed to. I love you Mom! Im sorry.

Well, i have to go write President now. I am sorry that i haven't taken any pictures since i have been here. I promise to do better this transfer. Dad, i love you! Mom, I love you! See you soon!

Love, Elder Burnham

No comments: