Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jan 10, 2010 Zone leader council was amazing

I had a really good week. We didnt think it would be a very productive week because we had zone leader council all day on Tuesday, then a tradeoff with some missionaries in Daphne on Wednesday, then zone conference all day on Friday. But, the Lord helped us and we were still able to have a successful week even though we weren't even in our area for three of the days. We are still having trouble finding anyone to teach, so we are just knocking on alot of doors every day, and doing alot of re-activation work.

Zone leader council was amazing. It almost like another zone conference, only all the other missionaries are all really strong leaders and are all hard working missionaries; so i feel like the Spirit is able to teach more through President Summerhays in those meetings than at a normal zone conference. It was really cool. It was all about what we need to do to stay in the right Spirit, and the patterns that we need to establish in our lives to keep that His Spirit with us throughout the rest of our lives.

Our apartment is still a wreck from the flood last week, but the maintenance guys said that they would be here today with the new carpet. It is been pretty rough having to deal with all this for the past week, but i have learned alot from it.

Things are going alot better with my companion. He is working alot harder and he seems to be alot happier. My prayers are definately being answered.

Tranfers are coming up in one week. This one has flown by so fast. I only have two more tranfers left, can you believe that? I still cant believe how fast it is going. If you guys are coming out, I still need to call some people from my other areas and see if they will be there around that time. So i guess just keep me posted with what you want to do. I'm really ok either way, and i just think it would be better for you guys to call the front office to ask.

As far as school goes, i think i am going to call President Summerhays this week and ask if i can start going online to check everything out. You said i can start applying in march right? I talked to Sister Summerhays about LDS business college, and she said she thought that was a great idea. I guess there has been a few missionaries from this mission that are going there now, and she said that they are really enjoying it. I dont really know if i want to go there, but i guess that was a plus coming from her.

I'm sorry i dont have too much more to talk about. I love you guys. Thank you so much for everything. I am so excited to see you in 3 months:)

Love, Elder Burnham

No comments: