Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb. 17 New companion coming!

Hey Mom and Dad!

Is that your horse that you sent me a picture of?? You guys are crazy! Haha! That’s so much fun. I had no idea you were still all in to horses. That’s awesome. So did dad get work off for a few days to drive out with Chad? That is so exciting that they are finally done out there! And I cant believe they are having another boy! So cool. Are they pretty excited about that? How far along is Em? Ill probably only have like 6 months of my mission left by the time the baby is born, pretty crazy.

Well we just found out about transfers today. Elder Cornwell is getting transferred, and Elder Gooch is coming in. Ive heard a lot about Elder Gooch and im actually really excited. I hear that he is a very hard worker, but is also hilarious. So im excited to see how this next transfer goes. Everyone that has served with him or around him has said that I will love serving with him. ... Heavenly Father has definitely heard my prayers and is answering them constantly. ...Another think that helped so much was just not being idle at all. Anytime there has been any free time at all, ive just picked up the Book of Mormon. It has helped me so much to keep my thoughts out here and not in the world. I love that book so much. It is true, that’s all there is to it.

So yeah it was way fun going over to the Chapmans the other night. I think that was Sunday night that we went over there. They are definitely when of the more well off people in the Ward if you know what I mean. They fed us the best meal that I have had so far on my mission. Do you remember that Steak house that we ate at in New York? I think it was called Francescos? Was that in New York? Anyways, The steaks that they cooked us were comparable to those ones! I could seriously cut it with my fork. These steaks were seriously two inches thick. I still cant get over how good that meal was. I hope they have us over more often. I guess Kevin is coming home in July? So weird. Then I think Ray will be done in August right? That is ridiculous. That went by so fast. I will pretty much hit my year mark at the end of this next transfer. I don’t know where all the time has gone.

As far as the millers go, we haven't been able to get a hold of them for about a week, so as soon as Cornwell leaves, we will bike up there and check up on them. Everyone else is doing really good. Julianna is super active and has been living with our ward mission leaders family for the past month now. I don’t know how Jenny is doing. We need President Summerhays’s approval to call recent converts if they are girls around our age, so I haven't gotten the chance to talk to her since I left Crestview. From what I here, her parents still wont let her go to church as long as she is living under their roof, but she is trying to save up money to move out and she has been meeting with the bishop and paying fast offerings and tithes so hopefully all will work out.

Well, Im probably going to go now, I have a lot of cleaning to do before the new comp gets here. Thank you soooo much for the valentines’ package! The Samoas were gone In the very same day that I opened the package haha. Is there anything yall want me to start telling you in my letters to make them more interesting? I feel like my letters are so bland. K well I love you guys I am so excited for everything that is going on with you guys, with Chad coming home, and Katey getting a good job, and Dads practice doing well, im just happy for you guys. Mom- I love you! Dad- I love you! Please tell me if there is anything more that you want me to start writing about. I LOVE YALL!!!!!
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: