Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb. 24. Elder Gooch is awesome!

Hey Mom and Dad

This week has been a great week. Elder Gooch is awesome! He is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. He is 6’4” and ways about 160lbs! He is so goofy, but I love him. He is a very hard worker so im really excited for this transfer. The First and second day he got here were great. On Friday we planned a route of less actives part members, and referrals that we received, which eventually led us down to the beach which I haven't had a chance to see yet. The beach here is amazing! Snow white sand and clear blue water with nobody on the beach for miles! The sun was going down right then so we got some good pictures to send home. We actually found one really nice fisherman that we talked to for a while on the beach, but he wasn’t really interested so that was a bummer. We ended up finding a new investigator that night anyways though so that was good. The only bad thing about this week is that I started getting a sore throat on Tuesday, and by the time Elder Gooch got her it turned into a pretty solid cold/ sore throat, and starting Friday Morning, I got everyone sick in our apartment! And one of the Spanish Elders caught it as well. I felt really bad. I talked to a Doctor and he said it was a viral flew. So from Friday night till now, we have all been pretty sick and havnt really been able to do much. But other than that, this week has been great. Ive had some extra time to study the Book of Mormon so that’s been one good thing about being sick I guess.

Our apartment great, I love it. The new Spanish Elders are pretty hard workers and now everyone in our apartment is as well. Its a lot easier to keep my focus now, but at the same time, we have a good balance of fun. Me and The Greenie in our apartment (Elder Rosenlund) wrestled last night for about 20 minutes before I submitted him with a guillotine choke, so that was pretty fun. The only crappy thing about this transfer is that Spanish doesn’t have a car anymore, so we don’t have a ride on P-days to do our shopping or e-mails. So it looks really goofy, six missionaries riding bikes in shirts and ties wile trying to hold on to groceries. Good stuff haha.

I cant believe Spring time is already coming. I don’t know where time is going! Its so weird. When is mothers day? This next phone call will already be the third one and then I only have one left! Crazy. So the webs bought that other trailer huh? That’s pretty cool. I bet Brett will love that. When does he get home again? Its pretty soon isn’t it?

Oh yeah before I forget, they had to cancel like 40 of the missionaries mission cards out here because of some scam thing going on, and mine happened to be one of them, so yeah if it seems like ive been spending a little more on the home card lately, that is why. They said last week that we should be getting new ones in the mail this week so yeah I should be getting it soon so don’t worry. Today will probably be the last day that I spend any money on the home card because I need some groceries.

So yeah this e-mail is a pretty boring one since we were all pretty sick this week, sorry This next week will be much better. I am so excited for this transfer. Oh yeah, did you get a chance to look up that talk? Its really good, I think you would really enjoy it. Well I have to go email president. I love you Mom! I love you dad! Thank you for everything!
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: