Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Feb. 10 The Book of Mormon is what converts.

Mom and Dad-

That stinks that this was kind of a bland week for yall. It was a pretty good week for us. The last couple weeks have actually been great for finding people to teach because we have been contacting a ton of referrals that we've gotten. We have found 5 or 6 really promising investigators recently, two of them being the millers that I mentioned last week. We actually haven’t seen them in a few days because the last time we went over there, George was really sick so we re-scheduled for next week. We haven’t been teaching to many people lately, our time has mainly been spent out looking for people to teach. But the way its been going lately, were probably going to be doing a lot of teaching here shortly.

The one thing that has been really cool lately has been my Book of Mormon studies. I told you a little about how president is having us read the Book of Mormon over again, and how we are marking it in a different way. Using a paper back copy of the B of M, we have been marking in one color, the promises and blessings that the Lord has in store for us, and then in another color, we mark what we have to do to attain that blessing. I have gotten so much more out of my studies just from looking for specific things in the Book of Mormon. Its really cool because you can do it with any topic. For instance, when im done with this one, im going to label it, What we have to do for the Lords Promises and Blessings. Then I will get another paper back copy and start looking specifically for specific Gospel principals like faith or Repentance. Then when you finish that one you can label it accordingly. So after a while you will have read the Book of Mormon 5 or 6 times, and you will have 5 or 6 copies specifically marked for certain subjects. It is something that has really helped me to be more motivated to read it. I seriously love that book. The Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel are really the only two things I study now. Yeah, the bible is great and all, but the Book of Mormon is what converts. There is just something so different when you read it. There is a real power behind it that cannot be denied, I love it! Sorry for boring you, you get excited over pretty boring things as a missionary I guess.

So today is my 10 month mark. Im finally starting to feel like im not so new anymore, its kind of a good feeling. I don’t know where all the time has gone. At the same time though, it feels like so much stuff has happened back home, its really weird.

Well, sorry I don’t have to much to say this time around. Im sorry my letters aren’t very exciting, ill try hard to be exciting throughout the week so that I have stuff to write about. I just hope you know how much I love you guys. I cant wait to see all of our family again. Life is amazing. The Gospel has blessed our family so much. Anyways, Mom- I love you with all my heart. Dad- I love you with all my heart. Tell the family I love them too! Ill talk to yall next week
Love,
ElderJoshua Burnham

No comments: