Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009 Tornado watch, 5 new people to teach, eating healthy

May 4

Mom and Dad-

So yeah im pretty excited to call home this Sunday. We willHey guys pretty much have as much time as we want because weekends are free so the mission isn’t worried about the cost too much. As far as time goes, I really don’t know yet. We have Church from 11-2, but that mean when I get out, you will just be getting out of sacrament. So maybe I will have elder Gooch call first or something. Don’t miss church though, or like you said at least go to sacrament. Ill probably call in the morning right before we get picked for for PEC. So that will probably be around 7am for you guys, and then I will call after depending on when Elder Gooch is calling.

Slap Brett when he gets home for me, he has sent me a one sentence e-mail every week telling me how much time he has left haha. That’s going to be fun for the webs to have him up at the lake. I cant believe Ashley has a boyfriend but she wants to go up to the lake with them. I really hope Brett isn’t all for that. Will you tape record his homecoming talk for me please? I would really like to here it. Do you know exactly when Ray is getting home?

There is a Tornado Watch right now in Fort Walton. I just looked on the weather sight and it said that for the next 2 hours, the conditions are favorable for tornados. But we have already been here for a while, so I I love the Weather outthink we are going to bike back soon anyways here, but you can definitely tell that summer is coming back. It has been getting pretty humid lately.

This week was another good week for us. We found 5 people to teach, most of which we found through tracting. We had lessons with Reed and Faren. The lesson with Faren was pretty interesting. He is really smart and knows the Bible as well as anyone else in the South. He has agreed with us on pretty much every point concerning the apostacy and the Restoration, but once we started teaching the plan of salvation, he had some problems. He has a really big problem with the doctrine of our relationship with God. When we taught him the pre-earth life, he disagreed. So we read out of Revalations about how Michael the Arch Angel and his angels fought against the dragon and his. We then explained to him that we were those spirits. He has a big problem with the thought that God has any type of body and that He, his Angels, and us are all part of the same human family. I don’t know how anybody can here that and not feel so good about it! It just makes so much sence. I got pretty worked up in that lesson and I probably shouldn’t have. It just frustrates me that people harden themselves against such great knowledge. On Friday we met this super cool less-active member named John Chapman who back in the 90’s was the #3 kick boxer in the world. We didn’t really believe him at first, but then he showed us a magazine and some newspaper clippings with him on them. Oh yeah, so we were tracting the other day, and we ran into thi lady in a trailor park who looked really depressed. We talked to her for a little bit, and she told us how she has a three month old baby and that her house just got renovated and so she and her boyfriend and their baby have no place to live. She started to cry and said she wasnt interested in our message at that time but that she wanted us to pray for her. Well, the next night, we were around that area, and a man with a stroller walked by us and said that his girlfriend told him that she talked to two missionaries the day before and that she felt good about it. So we started to talk to him, and he said he was looking for work and that we could teach him (David) and Shawna (the girl) and that they needed all the spiritual help they could get. So we found out that Shawna works at the bowling alley right by our place and we went in and gave her our number and said that we were going to ask around the ward and try to get David a job. She almost broke down in tears. I guess they have lived together for 9 years, but could never afford a marriage, so were going to help them and try and see if the Bishop can work with them so that they can be an official family. We are really excited for them. Theres another guyPlease pray that he will be able to find a job named Alfred Page that we are working with who is less-active but really misses the church and wants to come back. So weve set some goals with him to where we can get him to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. Anyways, we are having a great time working with some of these different people.

That’s pretty cool that you guys both got iphones. Are they complicated at all? I know some of the more hi tech phones that yall have gotten in the past have been a bit iffy. Im sure that you guys have heard of this whole swine flu thing, is it really as bad as everybody is saying? I heard that Its pretty bad in California. Im not too worried about it.

Eating healthy has been great. Pretty much all we have been eating all week is raw fruits, vegetables, and grains. I have had tons more energy, and really excellent poo’s. Seriously, it all just seems to fall right out, its pretty amazing. I feel like a new man. I still don’t know why you guys never told me how good all these different vegetables are. Its like all my life I have been missing out! If only I knew! Jeez.

So anyways, im probably going to go now, its pouring down rain out side, but I think I will survive. I love you guys so much. I cant wait for Sunday. For right now, I don’t know exactly what time, but I have all day, so don’t worry about missing church. For now, all I know for sure is that I will call you guys early in the morning before you go to They don’t really tell us who wechurch, and we can set up a time then can and cant call, but im assuming on mothers day, it will just be family. I love you Mom! I love you Dad! Ill talk to you this Sunday!

Love, Josh

No comments: