Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009 "He said I was going to have an amazing wife!"

Apr 27

Mom and Dad-

Hey guys:0 That is so great to here that the Brady’s are all doing so well. So Tanna and Ray are both coming home on the same day? That’s pretty cool. I love the pictures that you have been sending through e-mail. Shawna has been sending some too. Julie and Ryan look so old! Is what grade is Ryan in right now? I really should write Shawna and ask her, I have been really bad about writing her. Actually, I have been really bad at writing everyone in the family, I’m sorry everyone! I’ll do better! Brett is coming home in three weeks? Wow, I cant believe that. He just wrote me an email last week, and he sounds pretty trunky haha. He has permission to use my wakeboard Dad, just tell him Actually, its up to you if he uses it, because I didn’tto be careful even pay for it. That will be fun to have one of the guys back. You will have to tell me all about his homecoming talk. It would be really I wonder how muchcool if you could record it and send it out to me he’s changed. Do you know if Ashley is still active, or if they are still planning on getting married? Tell him to at least wait until I get back. I don’t want all of my best friends to get married before I get home!

So this week was another great week. We had Zone Conference on Friday which always seems to give me the extra boost that I need. I cant wait for you guys to meet President Summerhays, he is just such an amazing person. Yeah, that will definitely be fun for us to come back out and visit all of the areas out here. There are some awesome families that I would love for you to meet.

Elder Gooch and I are still having a blast together. I have been learning and growing so much over the past few months, and the best part is that I asked President if he was going to be moving us at transfers in a few weeks and he said that we would both probably be staying here, so im excited about that. We did a lot of less-active work this week. One of the guys that’s we found was Brother Robertson. He was so cool. He was probably in his 80’s and is a high priest. He was once David O. McKay’s home teacher, and he told us all kinds of great stories about how he would race the Prophet at stop signs in their old Cadillac’s. We also found three new people to teach who all seem pretty solid. We were pretty busy this week so we didn’t have the opportunity to go back to the Buddhist temple, but we have plans to go eat lunch over their this next Saturday. Reed is still set for May 9th. We had some good lessons this week with a couplePlease pray for him different investigators, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

So you guys are thinking about getting a place in Utah, but still renting in California? Would you be spending more or less on that then the house payment right now? I’m just curious. I’m excited that you guys have all these different ideas, I think you need the open spaces, rather than the congested city life. Have you still been able to save some money with the whole horse and boat thing happening? I don’t want you guys to worry about me, I want you to do whats convenient for you. It really wouldn’t bother me that bad if I came home to a different ward. I would probably just go visit all of them.

My studies have been pretty cool lately. Elder Gooch and I have some really fun companion studies. Ive started reading the Doctrine and Covenants at night now and marking them the same that I did with the Book of Mormon. Its really cool to read the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants together, because both of them provide such a powerful witness that Joseph Smith is a true Prophet, and that all of what we have in our lives is true. Its going to be so much fun when I can talk about all this stuff with you guys. I mean, companion study is fun out here and everything, but I think it will be so much better studying and sharing insights with you guys. I think for sure I want to live at home for a couple months before I move anywhere else. Sorry, im probably making you guys trunky and I still have a year left. Im so happy out here though. I feel like I have already gained so much experience out here just in one year, so im excited to have another one to grow even more. In Zone Conference, President sealed a promise on us that whatever amount of sacrifice we put in to our service, that we would receive an hundred fold in return in this lifetime. It was a pretty amazing promise. He keeps telling me in my interviews what an amazing wife I am going to have haha! I thought maybe he just told that to everybody, but I asked a couple of my companions, and they said he has never mentioned anything like that to them, so I guess my wife will be pretty cool according to President

So is there anything cool going on in the home ward? Any new move ins or move outs? Who is planning on going on there mission next? I love you guys. I think im going to go now. Im going to a produce store after im done here and we are going to by tons of fruits, vegetables, and grains, and were going to go on a week long health food diet and see if it gives us anymore energy through out the week. Elder Gooch is mainly just excited for the incredible poo’s that its going to give us, which is definitely going to be a plus. Well, I love you Mom, I love you Dad, I will be calling in a little less than two weeks. I don’t know if I will be calling Robbie, if I did, it could only be for a minute, because its MOTHERS day not call everyone day haha. So I dunno, we will see. Anyways, I love you all

Love, Josh

No comments: