Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2009 My mission has been the greatest experience of my life

Thank you for forwarding that email to me that Elder Bond Wrote. He is such an awsome Elder. Those were some of the best weeks of my mission serving with him in Troy. Thats really cool of him to write you guys.

So i was pretty suprised about transfer information. I am getting tranferred for my last six weeks. I am actually really excited. I am going to Crawfordville which is pretty close to Tallahassee and is as back woods as you can get. This will be the first area of my mission where i can legitimetely say that i am out in the stix. I am going to be serving with Elder Jenkins which is also really cool. I served around him in the beginning of my mission and he is a great guy. We are really good friends. At first i was a little bit confused at why i was getting tranfered, but President Summerhays called me and told me the reason why. I guess recently he sat in on a lesson recently with the Elders in Crawfordville with a nice couple who are having some difficulties overcoming some problems and preparing for baptism. President told me that he recieved a very specific witness from the Lord telling him that he needed to send me to that area and that there were people in Crawfordville that i needed to help. I cant really be upset with that answer, so i guess i am going to Crawfordville haha.

So this got me thinking, maybe we dont even need to come out to Mobile. There is only one family out here that would be worth seeing (the Schloemers) but is that worth coming all the way out to the end of the mission for? If Troy is the furthest up we go, then we could just fly right back out of Tallahassee, I think. Would it be cheaper and easier that way? There really isnt too much to see here in Mobile except for tthe Schloemers. I would be fine with that. What are your thoughts?

Anyways, this week was good. We had a good lesson with Desiree. We explained to her that we had taught her everything that she needed to know to find her own testimony. She hasnt really been praying and doesnt seem to have too strong of a desire, so we just bore our testimonies and kind of left it in her hands, so hopefully she will come through.

We also went on Trade-offs this week with a few different missionaries in the Zone. I was able to go on one with an awsome Elder who i will probably be really good friends with after the mission. He is serving in Atmore which is also in the middle of nowhere. It was a good trade-off. We taught a couple lessons and knocked on some doors out on some dirt trails. It was fun.

The last couple of days have been hectic. We are moving apartments because there has been so many problems with these ones. So we have just been moving furniture and cleaning and packing for the last couple days. I am going to be sending some stuff home so that i dont have tons to fly home with in 6 weeks.

I am so wierded out that i am in the last tranfer of my mission. It doesnt seem like it has been two years, but at the same time, it seems like forever ago that i was being trained by Elder Honzic and scared out of my mind. My mission has been the greatest experience of my life. I am so excited to talk to you guys about everything and to show you at least a few places and people that have made an impact on me. I think i am mostly excited for you to meet President Summerhays. He has been my best friend out here and is one of the greatest leaders i have ever known. I cant belive its happening soon! Am i supposed to be sad or happy?! I dont know!! ahhhh!!

So anyways, i love you guys. I am glad you had a good week. Ill talk to you next week and tell you all about my new area.

Love, Elder Burnham

No comments: