Saturday, February 20, 2010

Letter from Elder Bond Feb 20, 2010

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Burnham,

My name is Kyle Bond, those here in the mission field know me better as Elder Bond. I had the privilege of serving with one of the greatest missionaries I've ever known, Elder Burnham. Elder Burnham is very highly spoken of by our mission president and missionaries in the Florida Tallahassee Mission, but he is more than a good missionary (as you already know) to me. Elder Burnham is my best friend and brother. It would be safe to say that he helped me love others by his example, and that he helped change my life.

The Lord blessed me with the opportunity to serve 2 transfers with Elder Burnham. During those 2 transfers I saw miracles and felt humbled to serve with, in my opinion, the greatest leader and person this mission has ever seen. During our short time serving together we met a man by the name of Ed Stevens who changed both of our lives and all 3 of us became very close. I have many journal entries about Elder Burmham of which I still draw strength from. I want you to know that my love for Elder Josh Burnham is great. He helped me to better see the good in everything. He helped me to not stress the unimportant things. He listened to me as I inquired of him for advice. He made me know I could trust him by his example. Then he patiently listened as I shared with him things that I haven't with anyone else, things that I'd thought about my whole life. Sounds like a pretty cool guy huh? I know he is, He is the hardest working missionary I know and one of the most fun people to be around. He spoke very highly of the both of you, and I have no doubt in my mind that you are great people. I hope one day well get to meet. I am so thankful that Elder Burnham chose to serve.

Love, someone who highly respects and looks up to your son,
Elder Kyle Steven Bond

No comments: