Monday, February 8, 2010

Feb 8, 2010 Setting personal goals, 3 journals

Hey Mom and Dad!

Wow, i am so excited for you guys! That is so great that everything is working out so nicely. I cant wait to see what Dammeron valley is all about. I cant believe 5 acres of land is that cheap! Thanks for filling me on on all the details. I was really curious ablout how all this was happening, and now i have a better image in my mind. That will be so fun for the dogs and for chile to have so much space.

Thats really cool that you guys have been getting up early to excercise. I love excercising every morning. I never thought in a million years back home that i would eventually enjoy waking up at 6:30am and excercising. I going to try to put on some wait over the next 2 months before i get home. Mom, thats awsome that your business is going so well. Im happy that your keeping busy. Dad, is the new practice still doing good? I guess its not that new any more huh. Time has flown by way to fast hasnt it?

Last week was a really good week. We were able to finally find a few new people to teach, and they all seem like they will be pretty solid. We have just had to knock alot of doors lately because we dont have very many appointments set up. We had Zone Leader Council on Thursday. It was a really good meeting. I always learn so much from President Summerhays. Something that i have been focusing alot on lately is the importance of setting personal goals. I have 3 different journals i write in every night now. I have my normal missionary journal, a spiritual/quotes journal, and now i just started a daily and weekly goals journal. If i have a slower day where i just didnt feel like i did the best i could, i review my day that night in prayer with the Lord, and ask what i can change and do better on the next day. This pattern has really helped me over the past week. Every time i set goals with a determinattion to act on them the next day, i feel so powerfully the cleansing and enabling power of the Atonement helping me to change what i cant cange on my own.

We have Zone conference tomorrow. President Summerhays has changed things around a little bit so now the zone leaders will be doing most of the trainings in zone conferences again. I am not a huge fan of that, but it will give me some good practice i guess.

So as far as you guys coming out here to pick me up goes, the only person i can guarantee that will be home is Ed. I still havent called anyone else from my other areas, but im guessing most of them will be at work during the day. Are you ok with that? If most of the people are at work, are you ok with just visiting through and seeing the areas i served in? I talked to Ed and his wife Mary, and they are open all day, so i am happy about that. I will call everyone this week and see how many of them will be home. How much more expensive will it be to fly out of Mobile?

Donnie is already home? That is so crazy! How is he? Has he given his homecoming talk yet? Wow, that flew by.

So Mom i am getting your car? How do you like the new one? Thank you guys so much for that. You really dont have to give me moms if you dont want. I can work for a new one or something. I know how much mom loves that car. Thank You!

Anyways, i love you guys. I am so happy for you that all these things are working out. I want you to know how much i love this work. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I know that Joseph Smith saw what he says he saw. I know these things for myself. The Holy Ghost has confirmed it to me. I am so grateful for His Mercy, love, patience for me and our family. I am especially grateful for our family. I love all of you guys so much. Thank You for every thing! I will see you before you know it. I love you!
- Show quoted text -

No comments: