Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb 15, 2010 Learning alot from Elder Tolley

Mom and Dad-

Thats funny that sister Schloemer sent those pictures off so quickly to you guys. The Schloemers really are so good to us. They are the most solid family in the ward. They are constantly inviting their friends and neighbors to hear the lessons. We really love them.

Donnie looks so skinny. Wow, i cant believe he is already home. I cant believe this is all happening so fast. I talked to President Summerhays about schooling, and he said he felt good about me being in California for the first little bit of school. He actually suggested that i stay in California until i get my associates degree, but i dont know about that. There are a couple missionaies from this mission that are going to LDS business college. Sister Summerhays actually really wants me to go there. I love my interviews with her. She is so funny. She has all of these ideas of what she wants me to do when i get home and she gets really excited about it. She is our mission mom. That is really cool that Brett and Ray are doing so well. Brett is running for president? Thats pretty random, but so Brett at the same time.

I dont think you guys will be at the dinner, but you better call and make sure. I am pretty sure that the interview with President Summerhays will be from 9-930pm, and then after that, i am off with you guys:) I am still a little bit worries that noone will be home when we go through to see everybody, but even if most of them arent, it will still be really fun to have stop in some of the areas and show you around. If we have a little extra time maybe we can even go see some of Destin beach which is right next to Fort Walton.

That is pretty awsome that The Daltons got called to Honnolulu. They are going to have so much fun. I was kind of hoping that they would get called here, but i am sure they are just fine with their call.

This week has been good. Elder Tolley was sick for a couple days, but he worked hard through it and is feeling alot better now. Did you here about the freak weather that we had out here? It snowed on Friday Morning for about 4 or 5 hours! I guess there were some parts of our mission that got 3-5 inches of snow on the ground. Pretty crazy huh? It was really fun to knock on doors during that time because most people invited us in to get us out of the cold. We ended up finding 3 new investigators that day which was a miracle, especially for this area. Elder Tolley and i are working hard tgether. I am so happy to be ending my mission with a good companion, in a good area. I have learned so much here and i am learning so much from Elder Tolley. We were able to get into alot of doors this week and teach the restoration, but not to many people wanted us back. We still only really have one progressing investigator and that is Desiree, who we teach every week at the Schloemers house. She needs prayers. She is really trying to find answers.

So, just for future reference, you guys should check out a type of dog called Habaneese. The Schloemers have one and they are the coolest dogs ever. They look like a miniature Murphy, only with the personality of Max (our old cat.) They are bread to not bark and to be really calm. I know Sadie has a long time to live, but just keep that in mind.

Anyways, sorry for that random tangent. I am so happy right now. I am so grateful for your prayers. I know that they are helping me so much. Thank you. I love it so much out here. It feels so good to open your mouth and bear witness of the Savior and His restored Gospel. I dont know what i am going to do when i get home and that isnt my sole purpose all day every day anymore. I love you guys so much. Tell the family That i will be writing them Tomorrow. Elder Tolley and i set goals to write letters, so i am going to do it. Tomorrow is actually our p-day, but President told us to email today because it is Fat Tuesday tomorrow and everything will be closed.

K, well thank you again for everything!I love you!

Elder Burnham

No comments: