Monday, July 20, 2009

July 20, 2009

July 20 2009
Emails made me so happy today. Shawna sent me some hilarious pictures of the kids. My favorite one was the poo coming out of im guessing Kenna’s diaper. I laughed pretty hard at that one. Anyways, yeah you should just send me the chip, I and I could just send you back another one. I would love to see all the pictures that you took at the lake. As far as the birthday thing goes, there is a mall down here, so I think I will just go pick some shoes out from kohl’s or Dillard’s or something. Im fine on shirts, I just need to get three of them tailored which will cost about $18 for all of them. Im fine on pants as well. I like ties. Im sorry that I stink at giving you ideas! As far as snacks go, I like 100% wheat wheat thins, I like chewy granola bars, you know I love cereal. Im sorry I am so bad at this. I am sure I will love anything you send me

Our investigators are doing really good right now. We set to baptismal dates this week, both of which will be on August 8th. They are both really solid people. Westley Smith, who is 15, is one of them and we have been teaching him for about a month now. And the other one is a kid named Torin Caldwell who is 14. We have taught him twice and he is a really smart kid and has a good grasp on everything we have taught so far. We are teaching some other really quality people right now that I am pretty excited about. We taught a lot of good lessons this week and did a lot of tracting as well. Things are going pretty well with Elder Adam, I am learning quite a bit of patience which is a good thing haha. Transfers are in two weeks, and I really don’t have a clue whats going to happen. There are a lot of good things happening right now in this area so I don’t know if President will make any changes, but to tell you the truth, I would kind of like a change. Ive been in Fort Walton for 7 months now, and I kinda just want to see some more of the mission. But, if im here for one more, I would be fine with that, because like I said there are some good things happening.

So you’re looking in to buying this place out in Utah huh? I think that would be really cool. Is it a lot cheaper than our house? It would be nice having you guys out there because I am pretty sure that is where I am going to be for a while. Im curious to see how Brett likes the lds business college, maybe I will end up doing the same thing. You said they don’t even look at your high school GPA right? Oh yeah, do you know when Jeff Larson is getting home from his mission? Isn’t that pretty soon? I know Ray has like less than a month left, which really blows my mind. I think he said he is planning on going back up to Idaho for school.

Nothing too exciting happened this week. We had good success, but there isn’t any specifics that are too out of the ordinary. There was a cool experience on Friday where a guy pulled over in is car, stopped us, and told us to come over and talk to him. He was crying and saying that he had really messed up and wanted us to come over and prey with him this week. So we are going over there this week to teach and pray with him. We have little experiences like that throughout every week and I should start writing them down so I can remember them on Mondays when I email.

I still feel bad for not giving you any ideas for my birthday. I like I reallycandy and snacks and all that stuff. I trust your judgement like Charleston Chews, but I think they would melt before they got here. I like Socks. I like fine point pens. Im sorry I am so boring.

Anyways, I love you guys so much. Thank you for your emails every week, they really do make my weeks go so much better. Tell the family that I love them and if you see any of the kids, give them a hug and a kiss for me. I love you Mom, I love you!

Dad I love you!

Love, Josh

No comments: