Monday, December 15, 2008

Josh's first baptism!

Mom and Dad-

So yeah everything went well this week. The baptism was awesome. Her boyfriend Ben was actually the one that baptized her. It was such an awesome experience. She is still going through a lot with her parents, but her testimony is just so strong that I don’t think anything could break it at this point. After her baptism on Saturday, Jenny went with her parents down to Destin for some family thing. I guess her Dad totally cussed her out and said that as long as she is living with them, that she will have to go to the Catholic Church. We were pretty stressed out when she called us and told us all that because her confirmation was the next day (Sunday) and so was her parents church. So she ended up calling Bens dad and he drove 45 minutes down to Destin to pick her up so that she could make it for the confirmation. She was stressed when she got to church, but after she was confirmed, she just looked like she was at peace with it all. Then I guess on Sunday night, her parents called the catholic priest over and he met with Jenny. She said that he asked her three questions. 1.) What is your reason for leaving the Catholic Church? 2.) Are you doing this to rebel against your parents? 3.) What is their (Mormons) view of the God Head? She said that all she did when he asked her these questions was bear her testimony that Christ lives, that he is the living son of God the Father, and that there are authorized Prophets and Apostles on the earth again, and that we don’t need to just rely on the bible alone, but that there is additional scripture and latter-day revelation. Anyways, I cant describe every situation as well as I would like to, just know that it all worked out very well. I couldn’t ask for a better Christmas gift than the joy we had at that baptism. It was awesome.

So anyways, yeah you can have those scriptures, and make all the marks in them you would like. Im going to hang on to the ones ive got. Sadie is so funny, I miss her so much. The other day we were tracting, and I looked on a window and saw two huge black and white Great Danes. One of them looked identical to Sadie, and she was just staring at me with her ears all perked up! Im not gonna lie, I got kind of teary eyed haha!

The works been pretty good this week. We found a couple new investigators, they both seem pretty promising. We got permission from the mission president to go caroling with the sisters last night as well, so that was pretty fun. We had some pretty awkward experiences actually haha.

That good that you have all your shopping done. I don’t yet. Im trying to find some cheap little things for our district cuz I guess everyone is getting eachother stuff and I don’t want to be the only one who doesn’t get everyone something. I am sooooo excited to call you guys. Ill be calling probably the night before to set everything up so be ready Its so wird that it has already been 7 months since we talked on the phone last. Im taking some good pictures for you guys so I hope youll like em. Thank you so much again, I still cant believe yall sent me a camera! I hope you didn’t send me to much in the package, ill feel really bad

K well im sorry that this was kind of a short one, There is a ton of people on the computers today so we didn’t have to much time to write. And I don’t feel too bad because ill probably be sending a Christmas card home this week. That’s right, we made Christmas Cards at walmart haha. Im good as far as food goes, we disposed of all the cakes this week so were good now haha. But anyways, I love you guys so much. I am so excited to talk to yall next week. I love you with all my heart Mom!! And I love you too Dad!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

1 comment:

honzikphijamjac said...

You turd. I understand bi#$%ing a little about your trainer, but for crying out loud man, spell his name right!