Monday, November 2, 2009

Nov.2, 2009 My Mission mean everything to me...


Hey guys-

Im sorry that things are still pretty difficult. I really wish that there was something i could do. That will be nice going up and being with the whole family. I really wish that Uncle Ron and everyone could just understand what the truth really is. I cant even imagine not having the Gospel during trials like these. Mom that is really cool that you were able to bear your testimony to Ron.

This week was another good one. Elder Ringwood from the Seventy came down for a mission conference on Thursday and we had a very powerful meeting with him. He was the one who spoke in General conference about experiencing a change of heart. All of the meetings and Zone conferences that we have are pretty much just giant revelatory study sessions. President generally starts with a certain topic, reads a scripture about it, and then just asks us how we feel or what we are thinking. He doesnt ever just preach to us, he just lets the Spirit take the conferences where they are supposed to go. Elder Ringwood followed that same pattern and it was a great meeting.

Our new companion is a pretty cool Elder. His name is Elder Barney. He is a hard worker and is really easy to get along with, so thats good. This is my first 3-some of the mission so it will be interesting to see how it works out. We have had some good laughs so far. I feel like you guys probably think i dont even have a sence of humor anymore because all the things i ever write about are so serious. I promise i am still human.

We are teaching some really cool people right now. Ed is still on fire. He has been so much happier since his baptism. He is getting really excited about doing baptisms for the dead.

That is the coolest idea for Boppa. I cant wait to go to the Temple next year with all of the family. That will be such a great experience. I cant wait to go right when i get back as well. I feel like i have been deprived of the temple out here. Maybe we can right when i get home, before i get released.

What are you guys going to do for Thanksgiving? Does the Ward still do the turkey bowl or anything fun like that? Is Bishop Madsen still the Bishop? Is President Burnnette still the Stake President? I keep feeling like there are going to be all these huge changes when i get back, but then again, it has only been a little over a year and a half. This last tranfer was a bit wierd for me. My original MTC group that i came out with the first time went home this past Tranfer. And also, the sister missionaries that i came out with this time, just went home as well. I dont feel like i have been out here for as long as i have! I am down to the last 5 months of my mission, and i dont know where it all went. Mom and Dad, i want you to know, that my mission means absolutely everything to me. I really cant even put it into words. There is nothing that i could say, that would do Justice to how I feel. It just means everything to me. I have been able to see little glimpses of my future and blessings that are in store, and i am convinced that my mission has set me on a path of happiness that i would not have ever found if i had not served. Mom and Dad, Thank You. I could not repay you enough in a single lifetime for what you have done for me. I LOVE YOU. I hope Katey, Shawna, and Chad know that i feel the same way about them. They impacted my life more than they know. I LOVE our family.

Sorry i didnt have much to write this week. Tell me if there is anything i can do for you guys. I love you so much!

Love, Elder Josh Burnham

1 comment:

Jessett said...

WOW!!! What a wonderful man Josh is turning into. Made me tear up reading it. Congrats to your whole family!!!