Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov 9 2009 Powerful interview with the President

Hey Guys!

It sounds like things are going good back home. Julie is already 8 years old? That is crazy. I am so excited to see those kids. Was Julie excited for her baptism? I wish i could have been there for that.

We had another good week this week. We had Zone conference in Dothan on Friday and then Stake conference in Dothan on Saturday and Sunday. This Zone Conference was one of the best ones that i have had so far on my mission. I recieved alot of really cool personal insights, and answers to alot of questions that i have had. At every conference, we get an interview with President which is probably my favorite part of the whole conference. In this last interview, President told me some things that struck me pretty deeply. After a few minutes of us talking, i asked President, "How is it, that even though you have to interview over 150 missionaries a week, it always feels as though when we are talking, i am the the only missionary that matters to you most right at that moment. It always feel like everything you say is so personal and tailor fitted to only me." President then told me, "That is the miracle of it, I feel the same way. When i interview each missionary, it is as if they are the only missionary that exhists right at that moment." Your probably wondering why i am telling you this. I recieved an answer in that interview to a question that i have had for my entire life. I have always wondered how it was possible for Christ to really know each of our individual pains, when he had to suffer for billions of others. I always thought that it was just a blend of everybodies pains and sicknesses all at once. When President said that he was able to feel in each interview Gods individual love for that missionary, and that noone else right at that moment even mattered, i recieved a personal witness of how the Atonement of Jesus Christ works. When Christ was in Gethsemane, and he suffered the pains and afflictions of every single person who ever lived, i feel very strongly there was a time set apart where he was able to only experience my personal pains, weaknesses, and sins; and at that moment, it was as if noone or nothing else mattered than that personal experience between the Savior and I. That probably didnt make any sence in words, but that experience changed my outlook on th Atonement of Christ, and the Tailored, individual love that he has for each and every one of us.

Anyways, The rest of the week was pretty good. We have been finding alot of people, but none of them have been keeping their commitments. We dont have too many solid investigators right at this moment, so we are doing alot of tracting to try and build our teaching pool. Although we are kind of in a drought right now, i am still loving every moment, of every day. The closer i am getting to the end of my mission, the more i am loving every experience that i have. Elder Bond and Elder Barney are both great. This is the highlight of my life right now serving in Troy.

Has anything happened with the house yet? I still have no idea what i am going to do for school. In my next interview with President Summerhays, i am going to ask him if i can go online on P-day and see what is available in Utah. I know he usually tells the missionaries who are going home soon to do that anyways. Do you have anymore ideas?

I have still been eating pretty good and i am on a pretty good exercise routine each morning with my companions. We have been waking up at around 6:10am everymorning doing pushups, sit ups, and then running 1-2 miles. I am planning on looking like Brad Pitt when i get off the airplane, so dont be suprised when you see me.

I hope everything is going better back home. Mom i was really worried about you last. I hope everything is going ok. From this last email it seems like your alot happier. I love you guys so much. Thank you for everything. This next Spring is going to be so much fun. I just really hope i am not a wierdo when i go home! I LOVE YOU! Have a great Week, and i will talk to you guys next month!

Love, Elder Josh Burnham

P.S.- There is a huge storm right on course with Fort Walton right now! Troy is still expected to get tons of rain. Im not sure if its a hurricane or a Tropical storm though.

No comments: