Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pray for Julliana and for Jenny



Hey Mom and Dad-

Im glad yall had a fun few days at the lake this week. Why don’t you just talk Someone else into getting the other lake house? I bet Shawna and Andy would do it. This week was a good one. Its always a little difficult getting used to a new area, but I think im good now. Living with other missionaries is actually really fun. The Spanish Elders are really cool guys, but the only time we can ever really hang out with them is on p-day. I think I already told you about our apartment. It’s a two story and is probably one of the biggest in the mission. My companion is awesome. I get along with him better than any of my passed companions. He is from Orange County so that’s pretty cool. Hes totally someone I would hang out with back home. Its going to be a good transfer. President told me that ....... President told me in my interview that this is the time that I need to step it up a notch and lead. So that’s kind of what I have been trying to put to action this week and its actually been really good. Im just so used to having companions that are really hard workers, so its definitely going to be a learning experience this transfer.

Juliana is the main person that we are teaching right now. She is set to be baptized on January 24th. She loves everything that we have taught her and she has an amazing testimony. She is 21 years old, and she goes to all the YSA activities and goes to institute every Tuesday. You could definitely say that she is a golden investigator. Please pray for her. And please keep praying for Jenny back in crestview. She is living back at home now and her parents aren’t letting her go to church. She is still paying a full tithe though and is working with the bishop to help her financially so that she can move out. Anyways, other than Julianna, we have about 3 others that we are working with. Its pretty slim pickings here in Fort Walton. The Missionaries that have served her in the passed havnt been the most obedient, so we don’t really have as much trust with the members as we did in Crestview. So hopefully getting in with Steve Chapman and his Family will help us get in with the ward. It was so weird walking in to PEC that first Sunday and having Steve in there Saying, “ Whats up Josh?” Yeah, really strange. But hes way cool. He hasn’t had us over for dinner yet, but ill get on him for that and make it happen haha.

I got the pants a few days ago. Thank you so much, I really needed those. Yeah ill try to sent some pictures off to yall sometime this week. I havnt really taken to many yet, so thanks for the reminder. I love that picture frame that you sent me so much. I usually have it turned on when everim getting ready for bed and usually all of p-day. I love it.

We got a cheap blender from a thrift store and we have been making shakes every morning. I have been trying to eat a lot healthier lately. Between us and the Spanish elders, we usually buy carrots, frozen strawberries, bananas, and yogurt to make shakes. Ive had a ton more energy every day than when used to just toast a couple of egos and microwave some sausage. Ive been able to get through whole days without ever needing a lunch time nap or anything. Its been great. Plus, ive been taking those juice plus pills so im feeling pretty good.

Im glad to here that everyone in the fam is doing well. I just got an emails form Katey and Shawna and it sounds like they are doing great. Anyways, I gots to go. I love yall so much. Thank you for everything. I love you mom, I love you dad. Ill talk to ya next week
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: