Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My new address is 17 falcon ridge ln. Fort Walton, Florida 32547

Dear Mom and Dad,
The new area is great. Fort Walton is a pretty big city right on the gulf. Its nothing like Crestview at all. To tell you the truth, I actually miss crestview a lot. The members there were like family. That’s funny that Kevin Jura wrote you guys that letter. He was a less-active member who has struggled a lot in the past. He had not been to church in almost a year. We stopped by his house a couple of times and it seems like he just kinda took a liking to us. He and his wife started having us over for dinner all the time. We became really good friends with them to the point where we finally just told him that he needs to get back to church. So the next Sunday he came back and talked to the bishop. Every Sunday after that he came and eventually was able to take the sacrament again. They now have plans to get sealed in the DC temple in the very near future. Its been really fun seeing Kevins life turn around. That’s cool that he wrote you guys....But anyways, back to the new area. Its definitely a lot more like Pensacola, but way less churches and a lot more bums. Our apartment is two stories. Its me, Elder Cornwell, E. Hall, and E. Roselund who is brand new. Then right next door to us is the Spanish Elders. I think this area is really going to stretch me. Everyone here is a little more lax as far as the rules go and that’s going to be hard on me. But itll be good. We have a baptism coming up on the 24th. They only taught her one lesson before I got here and she said that this was the church for her and she wants to be baptized. Her name is Juliana. We just taught her the plan of salvation a couple days ago and she is extremely solid. She believes everything that we have taught her and has a very strong testimony. We have a few investigators other than her that have some good potential as well.

My new address is 17 falcon ridge ln. Fort Walton, Florida 32547. I havnt sent the check home yet. Im just going to mail it to you, probably today if I remember. I don’t really know what we have planned for today, we live right next to a bowling alley that only costs a quarter per game so we might go there after we clean a little bit. There is definitely a lot more to do here than there was in Crestview.

That’s awesome that you guys are gonna start going to the temple more. Im really jealous. I miss it so much. I think that’s one of the first things I want to do when I get home is go to the temple. Oh yeah, that reminds me! I think I know the Family vacation that we should to when I get back! We were over at a members house last night and he was telling us all about the vacation that he and his wife took down to Mexico to see the ancient Lamanite ruins. The pictures that this guys took were so amazing. He said that there are so many little details about the ancient temples down there that completely point to the book of Mormon. He said that you pretty much have free rain to just go wherevery you want in the temples. Most people don’t go inside to far because of how dark they are inside, but he said if you bring flashlights, you can just explore all over inside these ancient temples. I just think that would be so cool. It would be such a testimony builder. But that’s just an idea of course. We still have about a year to figure all that out haha.

Well, I love you guys. Im going to email President Summerhays now. Thank you so much for everything, I really love your emails. Thank you again for everything you did for me on Christmas. Mom- I love you!!!!! Dad- I love you!!!! Ill talk to ya next Monday
Love,
Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: