Sunday, March 22, 2009

March 22, 2009 Think I'll ask the Lord if I can stay another transfer with Elder Gooch

Mom and Dad-

That’s so cool that you are spending all this time with Chad, Em, and Parker. Im so jealous of you guys! Im glad that you had a fun week. I got your package in the mail. Thank you so much! Did you see how much was on the Card you sent me? You really didn’t have to do that. But thank you. And thank you for those pictures too. Chile looks great I was a little worried when you said that you didn’t get my email. I felt so bad when that happened last time. Shawna sent me some pictures of the kids at knots, Julie looks so old! Ryan is still looking like his crazy self haha. And Kenna is getting huge too! I love the pictures that all you guys send out, thank you so much. Im working on taking more pictures so that you don’t have to wait as long as last time to get some. I took some pretty good ones lately. There are these bright green lizards out here that are pretty easy to catch, and if you put anything in front of their mouths, they will bite it and not let go. So we had some fun clamping them to our noses and ears and whatnot. I love it out here in the spring. The Weather is so nice. I guess I just don’t really remember last spring very well cuz all my attention was focused on not getting killed by E. Honzic. Its definitely starting to heat up though. At least I only have to go through one more, and hopefully I will get to ride a hurricane or something.

We had a pretty good week this week. We went and visited a lot of Part Member families and set up some appointments to go back and talk with them. We also met a couple of really cool less-active members that have a lot of good potential for coming back.We also did a lot of tracting and found 3 people to teach from it so that was way cool. We had Lesson with Emily (the girl we brought the cheesecake to) and that went really well. We had a member come with us and it worked out perfectly. She fed us all dinner before the lesson and we had a really good time. She is pretty solid. We taught her the Restoration and for the most part she accepted it pretty well. Were really getting excited for everything that’s been happening lately here in Fort Walton. There was nothing here when I first got here except for damage to fix from previous missionaries, but were finally starting to see success. I really hope that I stay here for another transfer with Elder Gooch. I might ask president if he can ask the Lord if I can stay.

We met some kid while we were tracting who said that we could come back the next day, and E. Goch and I both felt like it was goiig to be a bash for some reason. So we went back the next day, and it pretty much was. The Kid was probably about 19 and he was asked us what we believed, so we told him. He then went on to tell us how there was no Savior and that there was no way to no if there was any savior. He said he believed in God, but that everything else about Christ and the Ressurection and all that wasn’t true. Right away we just started to bear testimony of the Fall and how all of us are fallen and if it were not for the Atonement, all of us would be lost. It was really cool, because at first, this guy was swearing at us and acting all tough, but after we finished talking, it seemed like his countenance totally changed and he was actually willing to listen. He still wouldn’t let us come inside and talk to him, but he took a pamphlet and said that he would read it. So that was kind of a neat experience.

Well, im happy all is well back home. All is well over here. Im having so much fun with Elder Gooch. Sorry I only write about the missionary stuff, I should probably start writing about some of the fun stuff too. Send some more pictures of the lake and all that good stuff. I love you guys so much, thank you for everything that you have done for me. A party for the year mark sounds great! Its on the 9th of next month. But I probably wont be at my own party haha. Oh well. Anyways, I have to go, I love you Mom! I love you Dad! Talk to ya next week
Love,
E. Josh

No comments: