Monday, July 28, 2008

they treated us to Chile's for my B-Day!

Hello again Thank you guys so much for all the birthday stuff you sent me. Everything was so great. That GPS seriously kicks butt. It has helped me out so much out here. Its one of the coolest things ever haha. Yeah my birthday was really fun. We went over to a members house named sister Thomas. She had a surprise Lunch in at her little apartment and she invited the Pine Forest Elders from our district to come and surprise me. Our new district is soooo awesome. Im actually with some of them right now. They drove us today because were almost out odf miles. Anyways, so yeah sister Thomas is a big black lady who everybody in the ward loves. Shes a true southern black lady haha. She cooked us a huge breakfast consisting of: grits, hash browns, eggs, biscuits, and steak. We had a lot of fun over there. After that we did service all day in Dixie Bowman's backyard again. It is SOOOO HOTTTT HERE!!!! Im seriously dying. After service, some other members (the Smiths) took us out. They are probably my favorite family in the Ward. They treated us to Chiles for my B-day. So I actually had a really fun Birthday.Oh yeah I forgot about my new companion! Hes a really great kid. His name is Elder Keesler. He is about 5 ft tall and has serebral Palsy in the right side of his brain so he has some problems with his right arm. But seriously, he is probably the hardest worker I have ever seen. Hes been a Zone leader for the past 9 months in panama city so he is a top notch missionary. I love him. I don't know why the Lord keeps blessing me with such awesome companions! But anyways, he has a ton of fresh new ideas for FoxRun so im way excited. Hes going home in 3 months so im guessing ill be killing him off here in this area.So today has been an awesome P-day. The district got together and played some basketball at our church building. Tonight the district leader is suprising the district with something fun I guess. Were all meeting at some members house and supposedly were doing something really fun. Whatever it is, they got it approved so no worries haha.I keep looking at those boat pictures you guys sent me. Did you get the new decals on it yet? Or are you just going to keep it the way it is? It already looks so nice. Ahh it kills me haha. So you went out to the lake this week? That's fun. Thatll be so cool if Jared and Andy get a place up there. Were taking over!!! Ive already met some awesome missionaries up here from Utah and we will definitely have to have them come out to the lake house when I get back. You will love some of these guys. They are some of the best friends I will ever have.Is anybody else home yet? Sean should be home soon right? Can you send me Rays address? Im gonna start writing him. Ive been writing brett a little. I should probably start writing the family a little more too. Tell them im sorry.Anyways, sorry I didn't have too much to write this week, ill do better next week. I love it here so much. I love the Lord and the challenges that he has laid in front of me to allow me to grow. I love you guys with all my heart. Ill send pictures soon I promise. Mom- I love you! Dad- I love you! I love you Family!!!!!!!!!!!Love, Elder Joshua Burnham

No comments: