Tuesday, September 8, 2009

letter Sept. 8 Can you pray for a hurricane, Confirmation of Josh W.

Mom and Dad-

Thanks for those pictures. Yeah, they all came in pretty big, but I still enjoyed them. You will definitely have to send some more when you get the chance. I am going to be sending some pictures home this week, sorry that it has taken me so long. I was laughing out loud when Ray wrote about him trying to get in the boat and Brett stomping on his fingers and slashing him in the face. That was so much fun haha. I really miss those guys. I am glad you had a good time at the lake. I bet that was also very fun to go up and see Blake’s baby blessing. Is today Chads birthday? I should probably write him. And where did Brett meet this girl? Tell him to wait 7 months before he gets married or I will be exceedingly vexed.

I had a great week this week. I was able to confirm Josh W. this past Sunday which was a great experience. Earlier in the week, Eler Adam and I were a little bit stressed out because after the last few baptisms we have had, we all of a sudden didn’t have any investigators any more, so we had to start at ground zero and just start tracting all day every day again. But as the week went on, we got 5 investigators, 3 of which are now progressing. One of them, who's name is John Lee, just randomly showed up to church with a less-active member and he says he wants to take the lessons and be baptized. So this week ended up being very good. I am a little sad that all this great stuff is going on and that I am going to miss it all, but I am also excited because I would have felt bad leaving Elder Adam with absolutely no one to teach. This area has done so much for me, it is going to be really hard to leave the ward here and all of our recent converts. I don’t know why the Lord has been so good to me, I really don’t deserve any of these awesome things that have been happening.

So August is officially over and I still have not seen a hurricane. I still have till November, but still, im a little worried that I wont get to survive through a hurricane. We aren’t aloud to pray for them, but it doesn’t say anything in the rules about you guys praying for one, so feel free. Even if its just a category 1 or 2. How was the weather out at the lake this week? I don’t even remember what dry weather feels like.

I have no idea where I am going to go next. I am hoping I get sent to the Dothan area which is up in Alabama. I would like to go to Mobil, but from what I hear, it is not the best area for the Church. Elder Ballard came down for a stake conference a few years back and called Mobil the weakest link in Zion, which is kind of sad. An Elder that I served around a couple months back that is now serving in the Mobil Zone said that the whole stake has only 2% home teaching. So anyways, I wont be too sad if I don’t get sent there. I wouldn’t mind staying in this Zone, although it would be nice to have a change in scenery. The only area that I dread going to is FSU Campus over in Tallahassee. Talk about torturing a missionary. School is now in session and if I had to walk around a college campus every day and talk to girls my age, I might just shoot someone.

Thank you for the Post-card you sent me. Are we really going to have a Burnham – Lindsay Lake Powell reunion?I got so excited when you told me that. Anyways, for some reason everyone finished emailing before me so they are all waiting for me to finish and I haven’t emailed anyone else yet. I love you guys so much. Thanks for everything.

Love, Josh

No comments: